Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-10-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

i bought the 36 inch vride last year and it was amazing. it held hills great. i upgraded my tires this past winter bc of a thread plantscapes posted last year. i never had any problems out of rutting or scalping really either. i bought a new 52" for this year to help productivy out. i would strongly recommend a vride to anyone. i used sit downs for a few years while working for the university and hated how my back would hurt after a day of mowing but have zero problems with the standers. very fast and productive (36) havent got to use the 52 but for about 1.3 hours but it is a beast so far.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
i bought the 36 inch vride last year and it was amazing. it held hills great. i upgraded my tires this past winter bc of a thread plantscapes posted last year. i never had any problems out of rutting or scalping really either. i bought a new 52" for this year to help productivy out. i would strongly recommend a vride to anyone. i used sit downs for a few years while working for the university and hated how my back would hurt after a day of mowing but have zero problems with the standers. very fast and productive (36) havent got to use the 52 but for about 1.3 hours but it is a beast so far.
Yea, when I first hopped on our 52 after two seasons of only having the 40 I was like WOW! I imagine the jump from a 36 to a 52 is even more so impressive.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
Thanks for this post! I may just go ahead and pull the trigger on the vride 36 and make the tire mods myself. Did you also remove the weights that plantscapes talked about it his thread? Did you make any other mods? Thanks again!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing against the v ride but no mods needed for the GS's.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I removed only one weight bc of personal preference but you may like it better with both gone. Also I didn't have to change the tires I just went ahead and did it bc why wouldn't you want over 30% more tire surface creating less pressure per square inch. I never had any rutting problems unless the yard was really soft but that would've happened regardless of size of tire.
Posted via Mobile Device