Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2006, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Purchased used older Exmark 48"

The metal manufacturer's tag on the mower states model number 48-12.5K (12.5hp Kawasaki) serial number 30053-098. I've searched all over Exmark's website as well as the internet and can't seem to find info on this machine.

Anyone know about this mower? I'm looking to replace the blades and raise the rear up 1 notch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Miguel,
If the machine is belt driven then it might be a Metro 48", if it is hydraulic, then it might be a Viking. Here is a path to get to service and part manuals.

-Go to www.exmark.com

-Click on Service & Support
-Scroll down to Operator and Parts Manual
-Use your model and serial number from your machine to find the correct manual and you can print it off at home for FREE

If you have any problems let me know!

Thanks
Brian
Old 06-09-2006, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I emailed Exmark and they sent me the operator's manual as well as the parts manual in PDF format.

Thanks,
Miguel
Old 06-11-2006, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That 12.5 kawi is great engine, single cylinder but lack in power to cut thick, healty grass especially coupled with a 48" deck. I used to run 36"metro with 12.5, it cuts nice on decent growth grass but no way will leave nice cut on thick and healthy grass.
You have to raise/lower rear axle bolts BOTH sides to lower or raise your total height, then blade spacer, and front caster spacers. Three steps in order to achieve correct deck pitch, which is tipping lower 1/4 ".
That is one of reasons I sold my Metro 2 years ago, tired of difficulty, time-consuming height change, blade change. On balde change you have to loosen long 8" bolts, one by one cause it bolted through spindle and into deck.