Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-16-2015, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Found a lawn roller in the tool section of Home Depot for $50 so I grabbed it. Filled it half way with water and it works awesome. Sure, it is another step since you have to go back over what you cut but I don't care. It is for my own house anyways
Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therman View Post
This is one of the best and informative posts I have seen. I am going to Home Depot and buy all of these materials right away. You know why? Because, I already have the rollers and when I called Big League Lawns today ans asked to buy a kit without the wheels, I would have had more luck getting to Mars on a Hot Air Balloon. The did not know what to think of someone making their own and how long it would take to get all the parts together? WTH??? Don't you do this every day? Get all the parts EXECEPT THE WHEELS and tell me what it would cost! Oh My God, this post will help me out 100% Thank you!
Therman... Did you ever get around to building yours? If so, please share how it went, pics of roller and stripes...
Old 08-18-2015, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vila251 View Post
After getting all the necessary hardware I finally finish my striper. Too bad it been raining all day. This is on a John deere 930M

Vila251... Nice job... A little bit different design than mine but that's the beauty of making your own, you can tweak the build depending on what tools or parts you have or what lawnmower you're attaching it to... Can you tell us more about the build like where you got the rollers, hardware, etc. and how much you spent... This will helps those who are stumbling across this thread that are on the fence about making one... Post some pics of your stripes when you get a chance...

Good Luck with it...
Old 08-18-2015, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarlo24 View Post
Vila251... Nice job... A little bit different design than mine but that's the beauty of making your own, you can tweak the build depending on what tools or parts you have or what lawnmower you're attaching it to... Can you tell us more about the build like where you got the rollers, hardware, etc. and how much you spent... This will helps those who are stumbling across this thread that are on the fence about making one... Post some pics of your stripes when you get a chance...

Good Luck with it...
I got pretty much got everything from Lowes. All the parts needed are listed in the beginning of the thread. Wobble rollers were purchase from etrailer.com They were the most expensive item about $8 a piece. Overall i spent probably around $150-160. Anyone looking to do this to their john deere, you can see how i attached the straight strut bracket to the mower. Use the existing bolt and add a couple washers in between the mower and bracket. The only thing i did different was i drilled out the 1/2 washers to a 5/8in size. I didn't want to use 5/8 washers because they are slightly bigger and will move around too much on the axle to my liking. Anyone that needs any additional information or pics please feel free to PM me or ask here. I be sure to post a pics once i try it out.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to commend the thread starter on his ingenuity. This is really inspiring! Im im the process of having a commercial grade striper built out for my own business, Lawn Masters Peel. As I progress on this project, I will post in this thread to keep you updated.

Last edited by lawnmasterspeel; 08-18-2015 at 01:29 PM.