Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2014, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
EFI rules harder than Roddy Roddy Piper!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I am obsessed with Walker too!

Go with the T25i.... You will not be let down...

The new T25i's have the Delphi system now, closed loop..... no worries
^ He took the words out of my mouth. Closed loop Delphi system is B.A.! EFI is so much nicer then a carb on a machine. They start just like a modern car! :-)
Sterling Acterra dump
Bobcat 763G
John Deere 244J articulated wheel loader
Deere 4320 tractor, Cab w/ heat and A/C
Gator 6x4 diesel
01, 06, '13 F-350
07 F-450
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANA Proscapes View Post
We had a 99 MT 48 GHS 25 Koehler. Bought it brand new. Last yr it turn 4500 hrs on the original motor before it blew up. If you take care of your equipment and do regular maintenance then there is no reason why the motor won't last. I found the 25 hp to be just fine when running a big side discharge deck. We have a 54" deck that we use to mow cemeteries with.
I haven't run a EFI machine so I can't comment on any saving in fuel. I personal am not a fan of all the electrical crap on the mowers now a days so I personal will stick with carb machines.
Posted via Mobile Device
4500 hours that's great! Did you decide to repower and keep going or did you get rid of it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
4500 hours that's great! Did you decide to repower and keep going or did you get rid of it?
Posted via Mobile Device
I decided to get rid of it. The dealer wanted $2,500 for a new motor and one of the hydros was acting up. So I didn't think it was a wise choice to invest any more money in to it. I sold it to a guy that had a 20 hp motor for a walker.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

JMLandscaping. Your question about the differences between Model MC and MT is the most important question you have asked. I strongly suggest you get Walker Model MT for commercial work. There are a few subtle differences between the two and the extra $1000 or so is more than worth it.

The frame in the rear of machine (underneath hopper) has a slightly different design with more reinforcement bars than MCGHS. Also, MT has a clam-shell body where MC has a tilt-up body. MC will have a clam-shell as well for 2014, but the biggest difference, in my opinion is the tail wheel mark. While the Walker puts down an amazingly clean cut, some people, including myself wish to not have an "after cut appearance" of the tail wheel. With model MT there are two options. Purchase "spread axle tail wheel kit" so tail wheels follow tractor drive tires or emphasize tail wheel mark with "single wide tail" wheel."

This grass was cut with the standard dual tail wheels and while it looks great, I can't wait the see the results with the "spread axle". I will be purchasing one for the 2014 mowing season.

With MCGHS however, you are limited to the standard, smaller single tail wheel. My opinion is that MT23 is the entry level machine for commercial mowing. Even if you only have a few accounts, your customer base will grow, and the cost differential is miniscule. Remember, the most important aspect of a mowing machine (again in my opinion) is it's revenue generating ability. So the real choice to make is between MT23 or a few more $ to get the fuel sipping EFI MT26.

Oh, by the way, I practice what I preach, proud owner of a fuel sipping MT26.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also the proud owner of a fuel sipping (sipping like as if it was on a deserted island and only had one gallon of gasoline for 100 years and trying to conserve so taking the smallest of small sips sipping) MT26.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
I am also the proud owner of a fuel sipping (sipping like as if it was on a deserted island and only had one gallon of gasoline for 100 years and trying to conserve so taking the smallest of small sips sipping) MT26.
have any of you actually run an MT 20 or 23 side by side with the EFI 26… what is the REAL WORLD fuel consumption experience/comparison?

Not interested in "I think" opinions… want to know what the actual difference is… I thought the 20hp did really well fuel wise.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=279625&page=3

Interesting reading regarding durability between the two engines. I have never run a EFI so I can't comment on their performance. My 20hp has about 2500 hours runs like new.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran a 23 side by side with a 26 for about 7 years doing 30 lawns a day 5 days a week....

I wish I could tell you that I was paying closer attention to the actual fuel usage but I wasn't..( I was a foreman not an owner at that time)

I can tell you one thing, it wasn't a crazy difference but it was noticeable...

You are correct though, the 23 does great....

I think that Kohler puts out a great engine....
Old 02-08-2014, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

I ran a 23 side by side with a 26 for about 7 years doing 30 lawns a day 5 days a week....

I wish I could tell you that I was paying closer attention to the actual fuel usage but I wasn't..( I was a foreman not an owner at that time)

I can tell you one thing, it wasn't a crazy difference but it was noticeable..

A "noticeable difference" over 7 years, mowing 30 lawns a day, 5 days a week adds up to a significant fuel savings.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely....