Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2014, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc228 View Post
I am very new to this site but not new to the lawn care world. In fact this is my first post on here but my eighth season doing what I do. My services consist of mowing ONLY. My overhead/headaches/books/paperwork/supplies are very minimum. I wouldnt call myself completely solo seeing as I have a full time helper. He shows up every morning and brings only labor to the table. I run a 14ft trailer with two zero turns, two edgers, two trimmers, and two blowers. Thats it thats all the equipment i own/use. I take care of 210-220 residential yards every season that i have obtained over the past few years from scratch using a different kind of flyer format/delivering system than i have heard discussed on here. I refuse to do commercial bc of bad past experiences. I am blessed to live in the deep south where mowing season begins the middle of feb and goes to the beginning of dec. Through the years i have trimmed the lower accounts as well as the farther away ones. Every account i have is within 3 miles south, east, and west of my own residence. The minimum i charge is 50 dollars and the majority of my accounts are just that. Eighty percent of my customers want their lawn mowed every two weeks where the rest are on a 10 day circuit. With all that said i average between 20 and 25 lawns a day (weather permitting) 5 days a week. If I did every account every other week (which I dont) and they were all 50 dollars (which they arent) then I make 5,500 a week which comes to 220,000 the 40 months i mow. That would be my gross. My net would be that minus my helper, gas, blades, string, belts, oil, maintenance, repairs, ect.. I buy all new equip every 3 to four years cash. I do nothing the two months im not mowing except travel and relax. I love my low stress high paying job. Anything you guys that have been doing this longer than me wanna suggest im all ears
Sounds like you have a very sophisticated way of crunching your numbers
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2014, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Member

This past year grossed 85k solo, with the help of a great winter for snow removal