Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-09-2013, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Jobber Workflow

Hi Guys

I have been using Jobber for a couple of months now and I am enjoying the change. It was a big job getting all of my clients and schedules set up but im now getting used to all of the features.

Id like to know how you prefer to set up and view your calendar and schedule.
Also allocating jobs to crews.

Currently I am not setting times on my regular mows as these change with the weather etc and set days are not a priority for most.

In my old system I used to see a $ value booked for a crew per day or week etc. This was all i had to work with as there was no calendar. It was a program written with MS Access.

In jobber I cant see a $ value unless I run a report for a date range and export to excel then do a sum and add tax if needed.

So the old system showed me if i was close to a target figure and i knew in my head how many man hrs were needed to complete those jobs.

In jobber do I need to book times which will then show me the man hrs to complete the work?
Its also difficult to look a week or 2 a head and work out how many new jobs i can fit in.

The issue i see with times on every regular mow is each week changes. It sounds like you guys in the US seem to have a better schedule with your customers and your routes stay the same?
I have customer on regular mow every 1 week, 2 week, 3 week and 4 weeks. So with many on different frequencies each week and day has a different mix of clients and times would be over lapping all over the place.

I hope this make sense.

PS. keep up the good work jobber

Cheers
Aussie
Old 12-11-2013, 05:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi

Any ideas?

Are there many guys using jobber for more than a couple of crews?
Old 12-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Sponsor

Hey Aussie-Gardener,

I think it would be great to schedule some time with someone on our customer success team to A) See if we can help you with your workflow and also B) Get some feedback about the kinds of reporting you think would be helpful to see in the future in support of a dollar-based scheduling workflow. It's definitely not a workflow that we particularly focus on at the moment, but it might be an interesting one to look at in the future. We do have large multi-crew customers doing tons of work though, so I'm sure we'll be able to help you smooth out a workflow that works nicely.

Thanks for the kudos!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 12-16-2013, 04:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Sam I will try and set one up
Old 12-17-2013, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Hey Aussie-Gardener,

I think it would be great to schedule some time with someone on our customer success team to A) See if we can help you with your workflow and also B) Get some feedback about the kinds of reporting you think would be helpful to see in the future in support of a dollar-based scheduling workflow. It's definitely not a workflow that we particularly focus on at the moment, but it might be an interesting one to look at in the future. We do have large multi-crew customers doing tons of work though, so I'm sure we'll be able to help you smooth out a workflow that works nicely.

Thanks for the kudos!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Hi Sam, just a note about the dollar based scheduling. Its more an issue of not easily seeing my projected takings into the future.

I would love to see at a glance the value of the jobs that are booked in for the next week, month or a date range.

You have something similar on the dashboard (this week, this month) but the figures dont add up.

The only way to do this is to extract a csv. Do a total and then add tax etc.

Cheers
Aussie
Old 12-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Sponsor

Oh I see what you mean now Aussie Gardener. This is something we've heard before and definitely something we are working towards being able to do. The problem is that Jobber provides a huge amount of flexibility around how you schedule and bill for Jobs, which ends up making it really difficult to determine what a particular visit is "worth" in terms of dollars. For instance, you could have a mix of customers that pay $80 per visit (which is easy to calculate out into the future), but also some that pay $300/month regardless of the number of visits, and some others that pay $100 only when the service is called upon. Jobber provides the ability to schedule and manage all 3 of these types of Jobs, but like I said, calculating the value of them all together for future bookings is quite a challenge.

We *do* currently have the ability to do this kind of forecasting for One Off Jobs by using the One Off Jobs Report. One time jobs are easy. The Recurring stuff we're definitely working on though!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie-Gardener View Post
Hi Sam, just a note about the dollar based scheduling. Its more an issue of not easily seeing my projected takings into the future.

I would love to see at a glance the value of the jobs that are booked in for the next week, month or a date range.

You have something similar on the dashboard (this week, this month) but the figures dont add up.

The only way to do this is to extract a csv. Do a total and then add tax etc.

Cheers
Aussie

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook