Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-26-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That adjustable nozzle is a fairly new item. I bought the curved tip for the BR600 I had, but rarely used it. Talk about wearing your arm out quick. The curved tip made the tube push back hard against your right arm. Enough so, that you were tired in only 15-20 minutes of running it with it on. It is still sitting in my shop in like new condition. With the added CFM of the 570 and 580 I wouldn't want one if it didn't allow me to turn it so that the air stream blew out straight.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's not near the angle the Sthil tip is... And it dosnt push against your arm... They just cut the tip at a little of a angle... I like it better than a blower blowing straight down... You have to look close to tell it's not the regular tip...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The 8500 will move leaves the best but I like how much quieter, smoother, lighter, less vibrations and less bulky the 7500 is... I piled a big pile of leaves up today using both blowers and I think I'm gonnike the 7500 better but the 8500 is stronger for leave cleanups... Just maybe not strong enought for me to deal with the cons of the bigger blower... And the 7500 is easier on fuel..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its much more comfortable and prob burned about 10+ tanks of fuel in the 570 but with the tanks being different sizes I couldn't tell the difference and even if there is a difference I can't see it being much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2013, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
It's not near the angle the Sthil tip is... And it dosnt push against your arm... They just cut the tip at a little of a angle... I like it better than a blower blowing straight down... You have to look close to tell it's not the regular tip...
Posted via Mobile Device
I forgot about that tip, but I know the one you are talking about. It is just slaunched off a bit at the end. The one I was talking about may not be a factory tip. My neighbor down the road that mows has a really curved tip on his RM. He turns it up or down as he chooses. It is more curved than the Stihl tip. It may just be something he made from parts IDK.