Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-30-2000, 11:07 PM

Scag48,<p>Come on buddy.....quit your whining. Go to work and make some money, to pay the bills, to go to work, to buy the equipment to pay the bills and go to work.....you get it !<br>Everyone is in the same boat, but to different extremes. Your problem of earning enough to by a shiny new &quot;commercial whatever&quot; is the same problem alot of the guys around here have: earning enough to keep their homes and families happy. <br>Now when its put in a perspective like that, I can only say....quit your whining buddy!!! It's not soooooo bad. Just take it 1 day at a time and don't sweat the small stuff. Deep cleansing breaths.<p>jeff
Old 07-31-2000, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info guys. This should help me get the advantage.
Old 07-31-2000, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Member

a) He has a set!<br>b) Don't let him take advantage (BULL-BUTTER if he's going to use anything of yours... let him take care of his piss-poor business);<br>c) Keep him on a short leash... think about it, if he's going to do this, he may stoop to stealing or breaking your equipment;<br>d) If he were a smart individual (and it sounds like he is not), he'd hook up with you and you could get twice to three times the amount of business.<br>e) Don't waste your time with the loon...<br> Growing up I was naive, now I keep EVERYONE on a leash and no one takes advantage! I take care of the fam, and if anyone jacks with my stuff, they have two options the cops or goin' toes w/ me...<br>Just my two cents.
Old 09-09-2000, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know this is a old post but i just came accross it ...
one question lost your grandparents........you charge your grand parents?????and hey if you want to charge them have them buy you a mower blower, and trimmer and just work it off.

[Edited by BUSHMASTER on 09-10-2000 at 12:52 AM]
Old 09-10-2000, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Use common sense scag. Wake up. Your cousin has issues.
Old 09-14-2000, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Addict

I also apppoligize for bringing up an old post.

Listen Scag

You are young, and have the advantages now of building up equity now. You dont have expenses like we do. Work hard and don't worry about your cousin.

This is what you do-

Cut all your lawns and build up enough money to buy quality equipment. Use the advantages that you have now. Dont be stupid and blow the money that you make. Keep your night job also. When you get all the equipment that you want, then start to be smart with the equity that you have built up and put out fliers to the lawns that you know that you can handle with the equipment you have. Don't give prices out to people you know you can't handle, you soon in time will be cuttin them too. Build yourself up little by little (your young). Use all the money that you make from lawns to purchase equipment only, and the money from the other job for recreation. After you build on your business empire you won't have too many expenses and will be living like a king.

Oh, and put a lock on your bedroom door and don't give the key to anybody but your parents and tell them no
one is to enter my room.( hopefully thats where you will keep your computer).

Soon enough your cousin will be workin for you.

Don't Be Foolish and Best Wishes. Only you can put yourself out of business.

Old 09-14-2000, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Addict

Oh and keith, I almost hit the floor reading your post.