Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

New Owner to Exmark 44" Lazer HP

I am the new owner of a 2004 Exmark Lazer HP. I bought it used for $1500 from a local city cemetery. I know the records and the machine has been maintained very well. It currently has 1600 hours. It has the 17hp Kawasaki engine. The mower runs and cuts very well with no problems. I am curious what problems can be expected on a mower of this age and hours. I am going to go through the records and see if there have been any major components changed or redone.

Also can someone tell me what maintenance I should do before mowing with it any more. I am going to grease everything as usual and change the oil (tip on what oil). Is there any maintenance that the hydros need or that I should look at? Or any other thing I should check for wear. The blades look worn so I am going to replace those right away.

Also any other helpful advice would be great. I have been mowing with an old 48" Bunton Hydro for the past 6 years and love it. The mower will be used to mow 1 acre so nothing to crazy. Thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Go here; http://www.exmark.com/Manuals/ManualArchive.aspx and download your owner's manual, Within will tell you all the maintenance information you need.

If you still have questions feel free.....

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!