Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought two of the Exmark Lazer 60's with the RED tech 34hp (because someone drove away with my F450 crew dump, 20' enclosed trailer with a 2011 72" Lazer 34hp and a 2012 Lazer 60 w/efi in December). They were right around $11.5 each. There is no throttle and they are much better on fuel. Especially when compared to the non-efi 34 l had on the 72. That thing sucks the gas. I still have another (they didn't get both of 'em) '11 72 Lazer 34hp and may trade it in on another Red. The new seat is Amazing! And w'll worth the upgrade (IMO). It's standard on the x-series. Sure u can throttle down, but u can't make others do it too. It's designed to only let the pto come on when the rpm's are right. I have to admit, I did not want the first year of anything that had not been proven on the market (scarred from the 6.0 powerstroke issues - another story lol), but so far I'm very impressed. Plus, it comes with a lighter to plug your phone in for those long days of listening to music :-)
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great to hear the seat is good. Have they come up with any suspension options like flex forks yet? Seems like they're the last company to try and make there machines ride better.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Great to hear the seat is good. Have they come up with any suspension options like flex forks yet? Seems like they're the last company to try and make there machines ride better.
I didn't get to operate one since it was snowing at the time, but at our recent openhouse I sat on one for a long time while talking with the Exmark tech. Between the ultra nice seat, suspension of that seat, rubber mounted floor boards and rubber seat islolators everywhere, I can't imagine it needing the FF's to ride well.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Green if you haven't tried flex forks I highly recommend them they smooth out quite a bit and I see they now offer them in green. Having the isolators and a great seat is awesome but if you can eliminate more of the rattle and roll prior to the seat system it's even better. Makes keeping the sticks operating smoothly as well. I had to actually tighten up my isolators on my 460 because I was rocking and bouncing on my nice seat violently enough to effect me and as a end result the steering sticks. My Super Z with the flex forks and and old suspension seat operated more smoothly at speed by quite a bit on the same property. I just get beat up a little more on it. Def well worth the $s IMO.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Green if you haven't tried flex forks I highly recommend them they smooth out quite a bit and I see they now offer them in green. Having the isolators and a great seat is awesome but if you can eliminate more of the rattle and roll prior to the seat system it's even better. Makes keeping the sticks operating smoothly as well. I had to actually tighten up my isolators on my 460 because I was rocking and bouncing on my nice seat violently enough to effect me and as a end result the steering sticks. My Super Z with the flex forks and and old suspension seat operated more smoothly at speed by quite a bit on the same property. I just get beat up a little more on it. Def well worth the $s IMO.
I've already put in calls to several Deere dealers about the new flex forks. They all said they had to call Deere about them to see if they were even being offered as an option. I said, "Well, they say they are on their site, so check into for me". When they called me back they said Deere said they won't be out as an option until late in the season.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Either sales are up or production is down for JD. Possibly driving 3.5 or more hrs. one way to demo a 9 something "A" with a 54" pro deck to get an idea if a 960r is my next mower. They claim their data base shows no 960r in the nation available. First mower would take approx. 30 days to get from factory.