Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-28-2014, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've never had a problem filling the tanks either... fill them up about 3/4 way, then take the nozzle right out of the tank and pull the trigger ever so slightly it fills right to the top not spilling a drop, for me it's effortless and to be honest I haven't thought twice about it until reading how much trouble you guys have... shaking the machine sounds ridiculous, I'd laugh at someone doing that at the pump....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2014, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Its a little more difficult when the machines on the back of a trailer Puppy! Its hard to see where the fuel level actually is without sticking your eye right over the top of it there by increasing the risk of a splash in the eye.
Then theres dealing with the hose getting to the far side tank.
You have the hose dragging and then trying to get the nozzle into a narrow hole and then rocking the machine so air can escape without splashing all the time and then trying to avoid over filling.
Its a dead set PITA and thats all there is too it!

I can deal with the neck thing but its just all too narrow.
Believe me, I understand your point completely, I just happen to be fortunate enough to stand directly behind the mower tanks; whereas I have total control.

I have gas storage in above ground tanks, I make a phone called and a tanker truck delivers to me the same day, and I buy much cheaper than pump prices paid by the public.

Does you area allow this type setup, much easier to have gas access located on your personal property. You never stand in line, you never wait, and I never pay after filling. I much prefer (as you would) one checked mailed to my supplier every few months.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Believe me, I understand your point completely, I just happen to be fortunate enough to stand directly behind the mower tanks; whereas I have total control.

I have gas storage in above ground tanks, I make a phone called and a tanker truck delivers to me the same day, and I buy much cheaper than pump prices paid by the public.

Does you area allow this type setup, much easier to have gas access located on your personal property. You never stand in line, you never wait, and I never pay after filling. I much prefer (as you would) one checked mailed to my supplier every few months.

No, I wouldnt be allowed to set up my own fuel area. Health n safety would be all over it not to mention the council etc. Im in a residential acreage area.
If diesel then I might of been able to do something on the quiet (44gal drums or something) but not unleaded.