Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Randy but the link you posted is to amsoils non-oiled air filters. It is a new nanotechnology type filter that requires no oil and cannot be washed. It can however be blown out with compresses air or vacuumed.

Straight from amsoils website...
EaA filters should be cleaned every year or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. Carefully remove the filter from the housing. Clean the housing with a shop towel, being careful not to knock contaminants into the air inlet. Filters can be cleaned by carefully vacuuming the filter media on the dirty side, or by holding the filter with one hand and carefully blowing the filter media at a 45 degree angle on the clean side using low-pressure shop air (15-20 lbs. psi).
Old 06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've used a few K&N's on quads and Jeeps. I will never every use any gauze filter that has to be oiled on anything I own again. The gauze filter yields a little power increase due to it's lack of filtration. I guarantee if you use a K&N or similar in less than 60 days you will find a fine film of dirt and oil on the inside of your throttle body and intake sleeve. Like others said the power gain is so minimal it's not worth it. Most people with K&N or equivalent hear more noise from the engine and associate it with more power. On a dyno a high flow filter may give you .5 hp more at the rear wheels.

Just out of curiosity do you know what the max cfm your engine draws and how many cfm the stock filter is rated for?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnmaniac883
Sorry Randy but the link you posted is to amsoils non-oiled air filters. ...
Whoops, my mistake then. I didn't even pay attention - just assumed it was the same oiled filter that I've used in the past.