Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Claimshell is the only way I would go if you bag only for spring/fall clean ups. You can back on a trailer and dump or use a leaf loader (I use a leaf loader and dump bed set up).
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushbuster View Post
I can dump on site for now. How much more do the bags hold compared to the clam? I will be using it to dethatch and clean up to start out (1 acre lots).
A 5 minute search on Scag's site gave me this info.

For the triple bagger....
After the initial installation, the entire catcher assembly can be removed and reinstalled in just minutes without any tools. Just pull three quick-pins, release the belt and lift it off. A 148 gallon (16 bushel, 19.8 cubic feet) capacity hopper collects debris from a blower that pulverizes the debris, reducing particle size and increasing the density inside the bags.

For the clam shell hopper....
After the initial installation, the entire catcher assembly can be removed and reinstalled in minutes without any tools! Just pull three quick-pins, release the belt and lift it off. A 112 gallon (12 bushel, 14.9 cubic feet) capacity hopper collects debris from a blower that pulverizes the debris, reducing particle size and increasing the density inside the hopper.

Isn't it amazing what 5 minutes can do if a person actually looks for what they are after? It's a no brainer to go with the bagger if you're doing clean ups and thatching.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

I guess SCAG doesn't include the baffles under the deck in the no tools thing. Those would be a hard to take off without them. Lol
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bags hold more so unless you will always be dumping on site I would get the bags. On the flip side I have used walkers and was able to dump on the trailer then unload with a small loader at the end of the day was great.

If I could only have one it would be bags. Good luck.