Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Travis1010 Travis1010 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: arkansas
Posts: 102
Im not finding any adjustment screws on carb. Is there something special or am i just completly missing it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis1010 View Post
Im not finding any adjustment screws on carb. Is there something special or am i just completly missing it.
Yes there ae two.....take the carb off and look at it closely One is on the top and the other on the rear side. Both are in recessed holes with caps on them so......you gotta get the plastic caps out.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
pwoller pwoller is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Yes there ae two.....take the carb off and look at it closely One is on the top and the other on the rear side. Both are in recessed holes with caps on them so......you gotta get the plastic caps out.
That's the EPA's way of trying to keep you from tuning your engine to run correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoller View Post
That's the EPA's way of trying to keep you from tuning your engine to run correctly.
It just increases the life of a unit from a few years to about 7 years.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM
pwoller pwoller is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Posts: 48
I think you meant decreases the life of the unit.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoller View Post
I think you meant decreases the life of the unit.
When you can't get the unit to run right most people just junk the units. They are built to run but epa makes echo tune them lean and that causes early fails of bogging or poor starting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.05716 seconds with 9 queries