Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-12-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tork 631D is all we use. You have to shop around to find the best prices.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmsmithict View Post
Found a guy that developed a timer that solved my issues. Now I can hang lights anytime, set the timer one time and don't have to show up again until take down. The timer us programmed to come on thanksgiving night and shutoff on Jan 2nd. Even if power goes out, or gfi pops, it still keeps time correctly. I cant wait to try it. I knew someone had to have something out there. He told me I could also change the program dates also for those that want different dates or times. Thanks for everyone's help with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry I haven't been able to update you until now. I am testing 25 of these new timers for the guy. I have installed all of them for the season and am anxious to see how they do. I was able to turn them on and off using my phone and the app the gave me, which I have to say was pretty cool.

So here is how they are supposed to work; I have installed them in late October, tested the lights with Bluetooth app, and set them to come on Thanksgiving night at 5:00 PM and shut off at midnight. It has a built in click with battery so even if the power is shut off for up to 2 months, it still keeps time. All timers are time calibrated with app, so all come on at once, no matter how many timers I use. <I have 4 on one house>. If there is an issue with it, I can check it with Bluetooth app without having to get a ladder out.

Other things they say it will do, but I have not tested yet, it is rated above normal home breaker st 25 amps. So should never burn up. Each timer is assigned to my company and will only work each year if it is initialized by my company's secured app. So it doesnt do anyone any good to steal it. And a 5 yr warranty.

With all that said, It is not Thanksgiving yet, so I haven't tested them all yet. But I have 3 customers that wanted them turned on the first weekend of November. I programmed them for that date and a few of us were at each house and on the phone with each other. We were pleasantly surprised when they all came on at exact same time. So far no issues!!

The only downside I can see so far is the cost. They are targeting for $35.00-$50.00 a piece. So it will cost quite a bit to replace all of my customers at one time. But I think it will be worth it in the long run for a lot of my customers, I probably won't use it on all of them though.

I was told I am not the only tester, does anyone else know anyone that is testing these??