Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-05-2014, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

If they went through the trouble to put a sign on their property, I respect that. Chances are they'll just be annoyed that you left a flyer. There are plenty more houses without signs there.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I have noticed that many of the Gated Communities in my area have a no Soliciting Sign Posted when you drive into their community.

How do most Lawn Care Business Owners deal with this when putting out doorhangers or flyers?

Do you go all in with the marketing material? Like flyers and things that can be left on the door.

OR

Do you just say pass and try not to give it any thought?

This isn't talking about EDDM or sending some sort of mailer into the neighborhood. So please don't comment with the "OH I JUST SEND SOMETHING IN THE MAIL TO THEM", because I do know that this would be a way around the flyer idea.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLW View Post
I have noticed that many of the Gated Communities in my area have a no Soliciting Sign Posted when you drive into their community.

How do most Lawn Care Business Owners deal with this when putting out doorhangers or flyers?

Do you go all in with the marketing material? Like flyers and things that can be left on the door.

OR

This isn't talking about EDDM or sending some sort of mailer into the neighborhood. So please don't comment with the "OH I JUST SEND SOMETHING IN THE MAIL TO THEM", because I do know that this would be a way around the flyer idea.
Pass. The owner of the property has already provided a answer for any company seeking work. Respect the customers and you will be better off.
If any potential customer seeks any service from any service provider that customer will find that service provider on their own terms. Use common sense and respect the owners.
easy-lift guy
Old 12-14-2014, 06:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Kinda what I was thinking, but just wanted a peace of mind. Thank you for getting back to me I appreciate it!!
Old 12-16-2014, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I won't work for anyone with the sign. Everyone in this country works for someone who sells something. PERIOD. Nothing sold, nothing bought, no-one works. Cuba outlawed sales people in the sixties and look where they are now... Let someone else mow the commie yards.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2014, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLW View Post

OR

I stay away from neighborhoods with a no soliciting sign out of respect.

With that said, I consider soliciting to be bugging someone, ringing their bell or knocking on the door. Leaving a flyer doesn't bug anyone IMO.

If I was hungry enough for work, and wanted some accounts in said neighborhood, the no soliciting sign wouldn't stop me.

My own neighborhood has a "no soliciting" sign at the entrance, I get stuff on the door all the time. It only bugs me when the marketing material isn't secured to the door properly and blows all over the neighborhood for me to pick up.

"You have the ability to choose which way you want to go. You have to believe great things are going to happen in your life. Do everything you can - prepare, pray and achieve - to make it happen."
- Dr. Benjamin Carson

"Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
- Mitt Romney

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin