Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-21-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=Cedar Lawn Care;4866692]In Utah I have noticed this last week the lawns have slowed down just slightly. They are still green and growing. People are getting in their heads it's coming to an end though. People are requesting us to only cut 1 or 2 more times. It's kind of funny because most of my weekly clients I will mow till the end of October.

people are getting cheaper and cheaper, of course part of me understands why when the payroll tax goes up and your dollar barely goes an inch.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2013, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

We mowed after new years last year. Shut done for a couple weeks and were mowing again by march
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
We mowed after new years last year. Shut done for a couple weeks and were mowing again by march
Posted via Mobile Device
You must be the only one mowing in Chesapeake Beach. I have family all over that area and their not mowing. Edit.......Chesapeake Beach Maryland?
Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
You must be the only one mowing in Chesapeake Beach. I have family all over that area and their not mowing. Edit.......Chesapeake Beach Maryland?
For real. Tall Fescue, Zoysia and Bermuda are the main turf grasses there. Zoysia and Bermuda turn brown at the first frost. Tall Fescue kinda keeps it's color depending on just how cold it gets. Even Annual Rye takes a break when it gets too cold.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Been getting a LOT of heavy morning dew on all of my lawns the last week or so. I'm sure that helps a bit since it hasn't rained that much. Still growing good on all of my lawns. Haven't switched my weeklys to eow yet. Leaves are starting to fall already. Gonna be a interesting fall. Going to keep working as long as I can. Past Christmas and New Years if I can. Hopefully we don't get any snow by then.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-23-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The rain we had over the weekend helped especially for aeration's since a lot of people seem to not listen when I ask them to water prior to our arrival so we can actually pull some plugs.

As for cutting its still slow growing. A lot of my customers have already asked me to stop cutting since they'll take it on themselves since its cooler outside =/.