Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-20-2015, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

welcome home brother! I've been spending the last year reclassing on the new HIMARS weapons system! It's definitely been an interesting, but fun ride!
Attached Images

"greater love hath no one than this that he lay his life down for his friends" John 15:13
Old 05-15-2015, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is that chassis replacing the Hemmtt? I was watching a news bit on the 7 billion dollar project to bring all our vehicles home. Ton of labor just stripping radios, electronics and policing out old shells from inside them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Patriot Services; 05-15-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
I the M800 series of trucks or are the newer 915 series. I'd stay away from the 20 ton's the drop axel was mashed in from another company and constantly has problems, ours lower but don't want to raise. The older 5 ton's that been fitted with a automatic trans tends to shift a little on the hard side when the truck is empty, that and I don't like how the fuel filter hangs off the frame rail but all around tough truck. With being a true 6x6 would make it a awesome plow truck. Up to a few years ago a school district used a its small cousin (M35 2 1/2 ton) with a 11ft blade and a 6 foot wing to plow the high school.

LOL paint isn't part of PMCS but up here it should, as our equipment sits so much it seems to loss a 100lbs of rust a year. The Army has gone great lengths to lessen there enviromental impact, plus lower their loss of equipment due to inadequte maintenance and service checks. Plus they dumbed it way down to make it almost idiot proof. The old log books been replaced with a form that is submitted with a completed dispatch, where then the motor pool addresses any issues. Thing is you can get a Article if something breaks on your truck, such as if you don't check the oil and the motor seizes up.

I have to update my sig, but we are not (Combat) anymore, but when I was in the 961st they were a heavy combat engineering unit. Part of the MTOW was gear to do combat drops from C-130's. Forgot what it was called I only did it once but instead of just using a block of concrete, they had a old D7F with the ROPS cut off they would kick out the back of a airplane about 100ft off the ground. The dozer was inop and just used as a training aid, and not using a D7G the current issue as it doing this destroy's the suspension/track systems. But if you need to rough in a airstrip, got to have equipment on the ground.
It's called LAPES low altitude parachute extraction system. Back when I was a C130 Load master our AFRES unit was qualled. Scary crap especially if you see the video of the C130 that went into the ground at POPE AFB a while back.
Posted via Mobile Device