Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2014, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMitch View Post
Ridin, your blade does not look like mine. Maybe yours is for a smaller mower? I think I recall that blades below 21" (for 60 or 61" decks) look more like yours? I checked and I believe this is the Oregon part number we discussed in another post. I checked it several ways on Oregon's site too. I believe my blade and the edge on it are significantly different than yours.

I took a few pictures and put them on Flicker so you can see. I actually angled a bastard file on single edges to abrade as much surface as shows here. I think you can see that the file is not hitting the center of the bevel, indicating that the surface is concave.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/macholbrooks/14330449530/
The only difference is that mine are for my JD and yours are for a Scag. JD's have the center offset like that to help protect the spindle bolt and spindle from impacts. Mine are 21" long exactly for my 60" deck under my Z950A.

I saw your picture. That is weird because when I run my file across mine (how I sharpen almost all my blades these days), I usually take off metal all the way across the bevel once the coating is worn off. This is with Oregon branded blades, I have others that are slightly hollow ground from the factory, including most of my OEM blades.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I think the smaller sized SCAG blades are shaped more like the ones you have. Maybe the 61 & 72" SCAG decks use different spindles....The finish/paint on the blades in your pictures does not look like mine either, but hard to tell from the pictures.

If it will stop raining this weekend maybe I can get the hoist set up so I can raise my TT and change to the G6 blades.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
This was handled properly by your dealer and one must give credit, where credit is due...I would be more than willing to bet not many Scag dealers would have done this for you, not just Scag, but any brand mower dealer.
I wanted to mention my dealer's name because their customer service is great, but I wanted to ask them first before I posted it. They are fine with it, so I need to give Countryside Lawn and Garden in Ann Arbor, MI some props. Steve (owner) and Artie (sales) are great and I highly recommend them!!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bth View Post
I wanted to mention my dealer's name because their customer service is great, but I wanted to ask them first before I posted it. They are fine with it, so I need to give Countryside Lawn and Garden in Ann Arbor, MI some props. Steve (owner) and Artie (sales) are great and I highly recommend them!!
This is the best advertisement a company could hope for...word of mouth from their customer. I really enjoy hearing a positive dealer story; with so much negativity coming from businesses today. Customer service in our country is lacking in very many areas, it's almost as if many companies think you are lucky they allow you to spend money with them, definitely not the way it's suppose to be.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
This is the best advertisement a company could hope for...word of mouth from their customer. I really enjoy hearing a positive dealer story; with so much negativity coming from businesses today. Customer service in our country is lacking in very many areas, it's almost as if many companies think you are lucky they allow you to spend money with them, definitely not the way it's suppose to be.
I'll second that. In my line of work (welding supplies) word of mouth is king. I find the inventory concerns interesting in this thread, but with welding we don't really have a "season" to speak of so we don't really have these issues with machines. We're also a pretty big distributor (no distinguishing between distributor/dealer in our business), so that allows us to move machines where they're needed. They don't really sit anywhere for too long.