Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 PM
360lawncare's Avatar
360lawncare 360lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mocksville NC
Posts: 441
Well i know the prices I have gotten from them on there pre emergent is the cheapest around so I am making a trip to buy some soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Raymond S. Raymond S. is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 919
My winterizer from them was JUNK! Pure dust and clumped like crazy. Not impressed with the $150 credit they gave me for having to deal with it for 6 pallets. Double screened the product just to get it to run through the Z.
Their pricing for this season is about $1.30/bag higher than my other supplier so I won't be ordering from them this year anyway. Our JDL branch is not the best with fert product knowledge anyway. I get better service and support from their competitor across the street.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-05-2014, 07:19 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLawn View Post
Resuscitating this thread to hear about what you guys thought about JDL products in 2013. I'm going to check out the product line this week and possibly stock up. I would like some insight into your recent experience with it and what the best JDL options are.
Go to the crofton branch and ask for Jason. He's the area manager you can usually find him there.

The one in upper Marlboro used to be my go to shop until Tom left. Now some jackass works there that made Tom quit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:38 PM
turfmd101 turfmd101 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 483
JDL's fertilizer is no longer produced by TCS ( the old lesco manufacturing plants ). LESCO sold the fertilizer manufacturing to TCS. JDL is now sacrificing quality for margin because they have been losing $. "You get what you pay for." Anyone looking for a higher quality fertilizer will no longer find it in a lesco bag.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Cadzilla Cadzilla is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLawn View Post
Resuscitating this thread to hear about what you guys thought about JDL products in 2013. I'm going to check out the product line this week and possibly stock up. I would like some insight into your recent experience with it and what the best JDL options are.
Used 30 plus tons last year and everything was fine. I've used Lesco/Deere product exclusively for 8 years.

I keep it simple and run three or four different blends depending on what time of year and two of those are combo products. Merit and Dimension.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-05-2014, 04:03 PM
JonLawn's Avatar
JonLawn JonLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Go to the crofton branch and ask for Jason. He's the area manager you can usually find him there.

The one in upper Marlboro used to be my go to shop until Tom left. Now some jackass works there that made Tom quit.
Posted via Mobile Device
I called Crofton and they said they didn't carry the fertilizer product and transferred me to Millersville. I am going to stop by there later this week.
__________________
Maryland Licensed Fertilizer and Pesticide Applicator

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-05-2014, 04:16 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLawn View Post
I called Crofton and they said they didn't carry the fertilizer product and transferred me to Millersville. I am going to stop by there later this week.
Pm me you're number and I will have Jason call you
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.06065 seconds with 9 queries