Register free!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well i know the prices I have gotten from them on there pre emergent is the cheapest around so I am making a trip to buy some soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My winterizer from them was JUNK! Pure dust and clumped like crazy. Not impressed with the $150 credit they gave me for having to deal with it for 6 pallets. Double screened the product just to get it to run through the Z.
Their pricing for this season is about $1.30/bag higher than my other supplier so I won't be ordering from them this year anyway. Our JDL branch is not the best with fert product knowledge anyway. I get better service and support from their competitor across the street.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2014, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLawn View Post
Resuscitating this thread to hear about what you guys thought about JDL products in 2013. I'm going to check out the product line this week and possibly stock up. I would like some insight into your recent experience with it and what the best JDL options are.
Go to the crofton branch and ask for Jason. He's the area manager you can usually find him there.

The one in upper Marlboro used to be my go to shop until Tom left. Now some jackass works there that made Tom quit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2014, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

JDL's fertilizer is no longer produced by TCS ( the old lesco manufacturing plants ). LESCO sold the fertilizer manufacturing to TCS. JDL is now sacrificing quality for margin because they have been losing $. "You get what you pay for." Anyone looking for a higher quality fertilizer will no longer find it in a lesco bag.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2014, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Resuscitating this thread to hear about what you guys thought about JDL products in 2013. I'm going to check out the product line this week and possibly stock up. I would like some insight into your recent experience with it and what the best JDL options are.
Used 30 plus tons last year and everything was fine. I've used Lesco/Deere product exclusively for 8 years.

I keep it simple and run three or four different blends depending on what time of year and two of those are combo products. Merit and Dimension.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Go to the crofton branch and ask for Jason. He's the area manager you can usually find him there.

The one in upper Marlboro used to be my go to shop until Tom left. Now some jackass works there that made Tom quit.
Posted via Mobile Device
I called Crofton and they said they didn't carry the fertilizer product and transferred me to Millersville. I am going to stop by there later this week.

www.JonsLawnsMD.com
Old 03-05-2014, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I called Crofton and they said they didn't carry the fertilizer product and transferred me to Millersville. I am going to stop by there later this week.
Pm me you're number and I will have Jason call you
Posted via Mobile Device