Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:11 AM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoshock View Post
I'd just sell out and move.
That's what I'd do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
I will consider intelligent answers and professional advice from someone not making a snarky ass comment at my expense.
What did it cost you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
Panties not in a wod, just could have asked an idiot on the corner for a stupid opinion...gave benefit of doubt to the professed industey folks in the know. If i was interestes in wasting time on arrogance, i would be watching LeBron James right now, instead of inquiring from a group of cohorts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
Ridin green ... I am with you. hOA perpetuates attorney fees and power trips for educationally lacking types that cant give their opinjns in a 40 plus hour workworld.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like you're complaining about living in a HOA. If you really think about it, you wouldn't be asking a simple question if you didn't have to drive all over the place to get your trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
Yes, yuck! However, ours has been through 8 mgr changes in 9 years. Random application of rules based on favortism overrides any effectivness that may peek it's head through the red tape. Sad, really.
I would just like to say that all the talk about how a HOA sucks and all. The guy that said to move gave you a good answer.

As for the wood ramps, don't be all girlie on us. Strap the two wooden ramps to the truck and drive it up into the bed. As long as you claim to be doing this work, you'd think you already have used ramps to load stuff.

I just bought two 2x10x8ft boards and made a new set of ramps. I drive my full size ATV into the bed or my WB mower with ease.

The key here is to secure the ramps to the truck. Most people don't and that's when you see them falling off the side.

Last edited by orangemower; 06-14-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-14-2013, 06:01 PM
calvinslawnservices's Avatar
calvinslawnservices calvinslawnservices is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 509
What about backing the trailer into your garage?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 PM
WeedSeed WeedSeed is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Rural, Oklahoma
Posts: 12
See if you can buy property just outside the HOA's gate and park your stuff there. Rent the extra space to other HOA members at high enough prices to pay it off in 5-10 years. You can bet everyone wishes their ugly stuff that is stored miles aways was closer.

I'm watching this ramp discussion closely. I'm tempted to get a covered trailer to haul and store my gear in. I don't have a HOA to deal with, so parking and storing it would be easy.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 PM
monoshock's Avatar
monoshock monoshock is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lake City TN. is that banjos I here?
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberLawnCare View Post
Yeah yeah....HOA's suck and blah blah. Don't get me wrong, they do.........but the individual doesn't have to live there...no one is making them...It is a choice...if you want to buy a house in a neighborhood that has an HOA and you look at the HOA contract and see you can't fly a flag on your property and still sign the contract, you have on basis to b*tch.

"hOA perpetuates attorney fees and power trips for educationally lacking types that cant give their opinjns in a 40 plus hour workworld." And you can always say........"no, i don't want to live in your neighborhood because of these rules."

It boggles the mind that people that hate HOA's because "other people want you to live by their rules." want to move into an HOA and change their rules to suit their lives....

I don't see why people want to complain about something like an HOA when you have a choice to live under that HOA? Did someone force you to live there under those rules?

I know many people that pass on buying a home based on the HOA rules.

Another good saying...."Don't move into a home next to the railroad tracks and b*tch about the trains that go by." Pretty simple logic.

btw...getting a good set of ramps is a good idea...I wouldn't get the folding kind, but I would strengthen them.
This is what I meant, I just used a lot fewer words. Life is to short to live where your not happy. That's why I have over 6 acres of land,no grumpy neighbors for me. Good luck with your ramps.
__________________
Tim
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-15-2013, 10:31 AM
MOturkey's Avatar
MOturkey MOturkey is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bolivar, MO
Posts: 2,573
Won't get into the HOA argument, but am a bit confused about one thing. Are you saying you only have ONE customer? I've read this twice, and that is the way I interpret your post. My assumption would be that, if you only have one customer, then it must be a pretty large property. Any chance they have somewhere they would allow you to simply leave your equipment there?

You don't mention hauling the mower to do your own lawn, so I don't know if you do, or use something like a 21.
__________________
Neill Prater
Dependable Mowing Service
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-15-2013, 06:45 PM
herler herler is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,432
I don't understand this 60 mile trip, you go there to get your equipment, why do you have to drive back home and if so how do you get your equipment, do you leave the car at the storage and drive your truck home first before doing any work and then you do this again in the evening, seems like 15 miles in the morning and 15 miles out in the evening to me, leave the damn car where you get your equipment otherwise how the hell do you get anything done, and that's 30 miles.

The other thing is, at a cost of 40 cents a mile it would be cheaper to rent storage closer to home?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-15-2013, 09:51 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
I will consider intelligent answers and professional advice from someone not making a snarky ass comment at my expense.
Snarky?

There is not enough money they could pay me to live in a HOA. I am not going to have a bunch of Snarky Ass Hole Board Members going to tell me how to live and what I can do or not do on my property.

Bad enough with Obama and the Democrats trying to increase government and them trying to control how we live.

After the second post on this thread the moderators should of shut it down because there was no better advice to be had then sell and move.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.06487 seconds with 9 queries