Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2000, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys edge around everything or just the walk ways and curbs and driveways? Do you edge around flower beds or just trim it with a weedeater? Thanks
Old 02-23-2000, 11:45 AM
Banned

As far as it goes we power edge with a push edge at start of the season then bi-weekly we use a stickedger and/or a string trimmer. Some of the guys can do a great job with the weeda and it looks great. But we still break out the stick edger once a month to keep it clean. At first we did it weekly, then saw how much time it took and saw that bi-weekly looked just as good so we went bi-weekly. Now for large mulitifaimly we do it once a month but the guys hit it with the weeda during the month. Take to much time to hit every week. But I do agree the clean edged house stands out the best.
Old 02-23-2000, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I edge every time i cut a lawn. i use a push edger on all my acounts the first cut of the year to get the crisp groove and use the string trimmmer the rest of the year. if you have alot of experience with a string trimmer it does a better job edging than a edger. i walk as fast as i can and still get a great strait edge. i also edge around all mulched beds and drivways. these are the special touches that sets you apart from the others.