Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-14-2014, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I would also say you're dealer is a fricking idiot

My thoughts as well.
It's a Fastrak. The first one I had would mow through anything and I had it for about 10 years and had more to mow than I do now. I was going to buy the the commercial model this time but the dealer told me the transmission was the same and I didn't need it. (The transmission went in the old mower.)
Old 06-14-2014, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJL View Post
I would also say you're dealer is a fricking idiot

My thoughts as well.
It's a Fastrak. The first one I had would mow through anything and I had it for about 10 years and had more to mow than I do now. I was going to buy the the commercial model this time but the dealer told me the transmission was the same and I didn't need it. (The transmission went in the old mower.)
Make a post in the hustler forum. The rep is on here he checks in during the week
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2014, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds strange to me. I would check out the set up on your deck: blades in good shape? Have the dealer check the tip speed. Either the blades are messed up somehow or tip speed is down for some reason, I'm guessing. That mower should absolutely be good to go. Heck, I'm mulching with a Timecutter MX which is less machine and it mows grass into dust.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

It's been this way since the first day I tried to mow. I have mentioned to the dealer that perhaps there is a problem with this specific mower and he keeps giving me excuses. Unfortunately he is the only dealer in the area. I don't think he will many more machines because I have a dog grooming salon on my property and everyone who comes here and who has told me to mow the grass has heard how much money I spent on my new Hustler that doesn't work.

I'll post something on the Hustler site.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJL View Post
It's been this way since the first day I tried to mow. I have mentioned to the dealer that perhaps there is a problem with this specific mower and he keeps giving me excuses. Unfortunately he is the only dealer in the area. I don't think he will many more machines because I have a dog grooming salon on my property and everyone who comes here and who has told me to mow the grass has heard how much money I spent on my new Hustler that doesn't work.

I'll post something on the Hustler site.
Go to the lawnsite home page and scroll down. They are a sponsor here. The reps name is hustlermidwest
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp1 View Post
Hi I'm new here and need some advise on a ztr for 5.5 ac, the terrain is all grass and flat. What kind of mower would y'all recommend and how long would it take. Thanks in advance.
72" mower or bigger
Old 06-23-2014, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Oil for Kawasaki FR691V

SAE 40, SAE 30, SAE 10W-30/SAE 10W-40, or SAE 5W-20

The above options are listed in the manual. Which do you recommend and what brand? Mower will be used in temps ranging from about 50* to 90*' April through November. Little to no towing; mulcher until fall, then bagger for leaves.

Home owner unit (1 acre per week).

Thanks in advance.

DC