Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2014, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
How many square feet and how long did it take you?

Little over 21,000 Square feet. There's more yard behind me on the picture. The front yard was a pretty decent size, and the lawn extended down to a ditch on the other side of the fence in the picture by about 10 feet. The front yard wasn't nearly as grown as the back lawn was, however I had to do some good trimming down on the bank of the ditch. Took me about 3 hours not including load time and ten minutes of windshield time. I mowed the back twice with a quick clean up pass on the second pass walking fast.

As far as the trimmer, as I said earlier, I started with the trimmer. I don't have a guard on it, but I don't like putting the 22" of line out on the trimmer. It might not hurt it one time, but you can bet putting 22" of trimmer line out on the trimmer just because there's no guard on it for several hours, will burn a trimmer pretty quick. I'd rather replace residential toro for $75.00 at a Pawn Shop then my $350.+ trimmer. I did indeed take the blade of that mower as soon as I got finished with it to put back on the grinder.

I'm going to time it next time with the new Turf Master.

I failed to mention the front yard had quite a bit of edging. A nice long straight sidewalk. I also even put a nice edge on the ditch drainage concrete to top of the yard because I put out some flyers at the neighbors house.