Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-24-2005, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=Ric]Rosolar

Don't worry about a Walker engines. They are the weakest part of that machine. Because they are so enclosed and low to the ground they run hot and don't last but 1200 to 1500 hrs. I have a 1993 that i just retired because I retired from mowing. It went through more motors than I can remember over the years.

I have nearly 3000 hours on my walker, original engine, hydros, everything. I hope to get 1500 more, and I think I will. There were just some bad Kohler 25s for several years (mine is a 20), so find a mechanic that KNOWS THE BAD KOHLER years, if has NOthing to do with Walker.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Ended up buying my first walker. I can't wait for this machine to help my mowing quality for high end properties and spring/fall cleanups. I have a feeling that I will be one of those who says now that I have it, I don't know how I did without it.

Don't know if these pics are going to work.

2000 48 ghs walker 25 hohler 1200 hrs. $2950.00
Old 12-26-2005, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

What's with the balls (tennis)? There are some new supports and guards that mount on the plastic hopper to keep it from cracking and to protect the gas struts. I would look into adding them. Keep good grease in the bearings, especially the deck. I use Mobil CMP, good tacky stuff, that doesn't wash out. We also blow it out w/ the backpack every time we use it. It's got about 3000 hours. Enjoy your first Walker.