Register free!

Old 10-13-2014, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Did we ever establish that ledeez is not really Pete Scalia ?

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I was around for Pete's days but I'm not Pete.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2014, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Fusa Corp (Dauer) now has a 5w LED bi-pin with a GY6.35 base (which I prefer). The claim is 440 lumens so I'm anxious to give them a bit of testing.... In terms of "specs", this is what I've been looking for but we'll see.
Here's the link if anyone wants more info....
http://dauerled.com/wp-content/uploa...-BIPIN-05W.pdf
Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledeez View Post
I was around for Pete's days but I'm not Pete.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your ok in my book Pete, I mean ledeez. You bring back many memories of my long lost brother from another mother.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Member

I've been on here since 07ish and had a couple hundred posts before my account was placed on suspension.... Since then I have became ledeez
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2014, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I love it, since Ledeez (mystery man?) and Chris J have come back, this board has become much more interesting and lively. Thanks guys!

Chris, let us know how your testing goes. Those suckers look tall. On some of the bigger ones, I have had trouble with them fitting into some varied brands of path lights with short glass domes or short hats. I'll bet those suckers are bright and create some heat though.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 10-14-2014, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Fusa Corp (Dauer) now has a 5w LED bi-pin with a GY6.35 base (which I prefer). The claim is 440 lumens so I'm anxious to give them a bit of testing.... In terms of "specs", this is what I've been looking for but we'll see.
Here's the link if anyone wants more info....
http://dauerled.com/wp-content/uploa...-BIPIN-05W.pdf

I just looked at the 'specifications' of this lamp. There are more questions then answers generated by that information.

1: At 5watts why are they just cramming more chips on plain circuit boards? Where is the heat supposed to go? With no heat sink, how can these standard chips survive? What is the junction temperature of the chips when operating in a closed fixture? What is the specified max junction temperature of the chips used?

2: If these are in fact IP65 rated, where is the waterproofing of the driver circuit (located in the center of the lamp behind the LED boards). It is clearly open to the environment. Why not publish the IP rating data and who carried it out? Look at all the exposed solder points on the chips alone... how will those stand up to condensation and moisture? What about the pin composition? Are they steel, nickle, stainless?

3: Colour Temperature is 'warm 2800K'. Ok says who? Where is the published CIE data? Who did the photometry? What is the variance in the CCT? +/- 50K or more like +/- 150K?

4: Efficacy is 'Warm 88 lm/w" A warm efficacy? interesting. Anyways that is pushing those standard SMD chips to the outer reaches of their ability... Why not publish the brand and specs of the chips so we can see if this is a sustainable output for the chips?

5: CRI is listed at "80+" Ok, so is it 80, 85, 90? CRI is not a nebulous number if it is actually measured. Why not provide a link to the CIE test data so that we can see for ourselves?

6: Rated Life is listed as 50,000+ hours. Really? How was this calculated? Based on the OEM chip manufacturers data or because the lamp assembly was properly evaluated by LM80 testing to provide an L70 of 50,000 hours? Is this rated life even based on L70 or more like L50?

I just don't understand why more pros who are investing in LED products (on behalf of their customers and their business reputation) don't learn about the need for proper specifications and demand that their manufacturers and vendors provide that information. It is fine and all to grab a sample lamp and plug it in and be impressed with the initial output, but if that same lamp burns up, colour shifts, fails or doesn't perform over time then it will be you the installer who looks bad. The client's don't know any different, that is our job.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted about this on the first page here. Appears they made a change to the link I posted to this lamp to page 10-11 here.
I have some of there lamps, not impressed. They can not even get the part numbering on the boxes correct. No data
stamped on the wafers so no idea what is what. 487112 should be a 4w. Color is not consistent on mine. MR16's same.
Attached Images