Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-22-2006, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

cents per square foot?? i'm $1...........or as i see fit for the job (labor, rentals etc)
Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

$3.50 per sq.ft. of zoysia sod. Grow it myself, cut it myself, deliver and install myself. Have 10000 sq. ft. that is cut 3 times a year out of my back yard. Only work around the period sod is ready to cut. If I don't have any jobs myself I sell the sod to other LCO's for $1.50 per sq. ft. I kick myself for not doing this the last 10 years. Only started back up early this year.

400 new homes going in about 8 miles away. All need topsoil, they are solid packed coral rock, and grassing. 4500 sqft lawn on a 7000 sqft lot. Homes are in the 265K to 300K price range. Unfortunately the builder doesn't have it together with subs. It may take a while for them to get the homes finished and occupied.

I am almost finished with a new install in a new home with 3 others to be landscaped upon completion of this job.. Stalled due to pool construction and wall being constructed by work challenged contractor.

It would be nice to get all done and fill the bank account back up and pay bills.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer
I don't have a lot of experience in sod laying, however we have layed about 3k sq ft this year. We charge anywhere from 1.25 to 1.50 a square foot (depending on where we have to pick our sod up do to job size) and an hourly rate for ground prep. We have gotten the few jobs we bid on.

How are you guys charging .34 or .50 a sq ft?
i pay $98 a pallet(700 square ft)... and can lay a pallet by myself in 60-75 minutes.. @.50/ft i make $252 in bout an hour. thats a darn good hourly rate if you ask me. prep is extra.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just bid and got a job that included about 4k sq ft of sod and bid it at $1.50. This does not include any prep. With prep, we were $9k for the area.
James
New Holland LS170
Takeuci TB138 Excavator w/ tilt grade bucket
MS Spray Hydoseeder
Lawn mowers I haven't used in years because the mow guys won't let me