Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-26-2014, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, thanks! I considers this option (even have a harbor freight 10min away ) but just decided in a year and a half (when can drive I'd get a 5x9 or so trailer (and somthing heaver duty than harbor freight) so it will lost longer, and at that point I'd just be operating a 36in walk behind and a 21" then next few years get a 52 or 61 in z turn depending on my needs and what fits well. And when I do that get a larger trail so that I could fit both machines etc. then have a reliable 5x9 or so for the small property days where I only need a walk behind oh and I actually did not end up getting a tractor, property I would use it for did not fall through, but hopefully will next season. At hopefully, during the off season I'd get a walk behind, I've already saved enough for a very very nice great condition super low hour (they pop up quite often around here ) or might buy new don't know yet. My grandpas bet is that if I made 3,000 then he and I would talk about walk behinds, so maybe he will help out with the rest and we go new. I don't know, that's just how he works sorry for long post
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well i would just use your 21 and forget about the tractor. And when the time comes to get a wb next year, and you see yourself getting a second mower, get a 12' trailer minimum. Personally i think a 36" and 48" work well together. That is what i hope to get by next year.That's whay i got a 5x12. 5' wide so it isn't hard to pull because i've not even had mt license a year yet.2' long so i can fit 2 mowers side by side. Although if you get a 6.5 wide, a wb maybe a ztr will fit sideways. Than you could get a 6.5x10, not a 5x12.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
Well i would just use your 21 and forget about the tractor. And when the time comes to get a wb next year, and you see yourself getting a second mower, get a 12' trailer minimum. Personally i think a 36" and 48" work well together. That is what i hope to get by next year.That's whay i got a 5x12. 5' wide so it isn't hard to pull because i've not even had mt license a year yet.2' long so i can fit 2 mowers side by side. Although if you get a 6.5 wide, a wb maybe a ztr will fit sideways. Than you could get a 6.5x10, not a 5x12.
Thank you, I'll look into that. Oh and next year if I got that property I would definatly NOT get a tractor I'd use the 36in WB as long as that goes through thank you I'll keep you'll updated!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2014, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scag2015 View Post
Thank you, I'll look into that. Oh and next year if I got that property I would definatly NOT get a tractor I'd use the 36in WB as long as that goes through thank you I'll keep you'll updated!
Posted via Mobile Device
You're welcome, it would suck to do something then realize in a few months you nee something different
Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

http://sourceoneope.com/ezHaulr.html

That might work
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2014, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post

That might work
Posted via Mobile Device
Alright thanks, I'll look into it think is though not our upcoming season but the start of our next one I can drive and will be getting a used truck and a trailer. And I think somthing like those gates would probably be around $500 or so? And I'd only use it till 2016's season and not terribly much of a need of it in the down time I've though about the 30's a lot and I don't think it will fit my applications that well, so it would be a expensive "down time" set up, that would not suite my needs that well thank you!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-01-2014, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post

That might work
Posted via Mobile Device
Those are pretty interesting, i've only ween the cheap ones from lowes and tractor supply.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
Those are pretty interesting, i've only ween the cheap ones from lowes and tractor supply.
They use them for ride on spreaders a lot. They weigh a lot more than what those cheap ones usually carry
Posted via Mobile Device