Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2014, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Full throttle , high power mode . Compared to the cat 329e that got 11 gph ( and I think the kobelco has better breakout force) the kobelco just about makes its payment on fuel savings alone. The new (2014) kobelco machines are nothing like the old ones or else I wouldn't of even looked at one . Very pleased with the machine so far .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2014, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Cornell and AEL- are those fuel burn numbers at max throttle for your respective machines?
Normal power mode and I switch it to high power for dealing with the 7 and 8' rocks I've been asking for lately. In high power mode its rated at 177hp and it feels like it. Thing has a crazy amount of power. Feels just as stable if not a little more than the DX225 I ran against it when deciding. Can't tell you how many times I've praised this zero swing this year. A couple jobs would have been really difficult if not impossible with a traditional swing. I get myself into some tight places with a machine this size.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-16-2014, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are definitely some impressive numbers then. Makes me wish I had a good Kobelco dealer around here.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 09-16-2014, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very impressed with how the machines hold up to abuse as well . Good friend of mine in the logging business has a 235sr with the forestry undercarriage . Machine has worked in the bush and rock it's entire life. Somewhere around 13,500 hours on it and all that has been changed is the starter.

Il have to take a video and put it on my YouTube of the kobelco running and showing the fuel consumption . No one believes me until they see it .
Posted via Mobile Device