Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-31-2014, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is that a raw edge B85 your using ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Member

The lettering on it reads Carlisle Super II Checkmate, if that helps. Otherwise, how do I tell?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a example of a raw edge belt;

Here's a wrapped belt;

When you twist the engagement lever does it snap into the full engage position ?

Remove both belts and free spin all idler pulleys and deck spindles listening for any growling noise, Grab each end of the blade and try rocking the shaft in the housing. Any play ?

With engine off and foot pan raised, Set the deck to normal cutting height. Now, While looking down at the center blade pulley slowly engage the deck.

Does the pulley/deck move back toward the engine ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok, definitely a raw edge belt.
Answer to your first question is yes. I will get back to you on the other ones.

Thanks, I really do appreciate the help.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Does the pulley/deck move back toward the engine ?[/QUOTE]

I figure this his problem All my older mowers would do this cause the belt to slip Fix them with bushings and new pins
I have a 2800 60'' I order the new adjustable bars for it
Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

OK, me again. Back from vacation and following up on previous questions left unanswered.

Quote:
Remove both belts and free spin all idler pulleys and deck spindles listening for any growling noise, Grab each end of the blade and try rocking the shaft in the housing. Any play ?
They seem to spin fairly smoothly. I mean - I can hear them turning, but I don't hear a grinding/growling/uneven type of noise that sounds wrong.

The blades don't have much play when I try to move them. They aren't absolutely rock-solid/not budging a millimeter, but they barely move when I try to rock them

Quote:
With engine off and foot pan raised, Set the deck to normal cutting height. Now, While looking down at the center blade pulley slowly engage the deck.

Does the pulley/deck move back toward the engine ?
The pulley does not move in relation to the deck. The entire deck does move towards the rear of the mower. Perhaps an inch or less.

OK, I started it up this evening and took it out for a mow - both to get some areas that needed mowing, and to re-create the issues I've been having. I mowed for about 30 minutes before it started having issues. The blades do seem really sensitive to bogging down. When I took it easy and went slow, I had hardly any issues. When I hit some thicker stuff, or went faster, then I started hearing squeaking and experienced loss of blade speed.

I'm thinking the bushings might be the right answer here, mainly because of the noise I'm hearing. At first I thought it was the belts squeaking, but both belts are new, in good shape, and seem fine.
SO - if that's it, I don't even know what parts to order. I think I can take it apart and replace them, but I might be guessing when it comes to getting the right part #'s. The schematic in this manual is hard for me to figure out.

http://www.dixiechopper.com/downloads/manuals/?file=466

If I wanted to order the adjustable deck bars as well, how would I figure out the right part # for it? Assuming the part # in the manual above doesn't apply since OEM bars aren't adjustable for this one.

As always, all help is appreciated. I'd rather not give up and take it into the shop - they take too long and cost too much.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You call the dealer and tell them you want the deck bars for a 2010 3372 and don't tell them what you are doing They will tell you wont work That's what they told me I told them I already tried my bars from my 2010 So I know they will work

One thing check to see if all belts are adjusted right The tension pulley on the mule belt From motor to the grear T box How far is the pulley from the frame
Old 10-17-2014, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

There should be a spring load on tension pulley for the deck to engine belt that's adjustable and also a spring for the deck belt tensioner, could be worn out and needs replacing, I've used heaver blades on my 60" Classic and never had a problem