Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-20-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torunksu View Post
I took off the muffler earlier and started it up fine. Put it back on and ran it for 5 minutes until it shut off again.

I need one of those lifetime warranties lol.
Run it for a while without the muffler, if it continues to run fine then you know the problem is in the muffler. Pull out the anti spark screen (if you haven't already) and see what happens. Still have problems? Clean the muffler as best you can, beat the heck out of it, de carbon it, fire??(don't know). still having problems just replace it $25-$30.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I took off the muffler earlier and started it up fine. Put it back on and ran it for 5 minutes until it shut off again.

I need one of those lifetime warranties lol.
Ain't no warranties hardly at all let along life time......never seen a case
like this in my 37 years or running echo. Guess it is a clogged muffler
Old 12-11-2014, 02:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum and had a question. I checked the search, couldn't find anything completely relevant to my prob. Here goes:

I bought an echo srm 225 about a year, almost 2 years ago. Ran great until about 2.5 weeks ago where it started to shut off after running for about 30 minutes. this running time shortened drastically until it eventually wouldn't run anymore. So i whipped out the tools and carb cleaner and went to work on the carburetor. took it apart and sprayed it with carb cleaner then put it back together. the gaskets and the plastic valve piece under the primer/purge body remained intact so i left them. since then i wasn't able to prime it. so today i changed the primer/purge body, the fuel lines, spark plug primer bulk, spark arrestor and air filter. cleaned out the gas tank and added fresh fuel.

It primes but now i cant get the damn thing to start lol. Anybody have any suggestions or insight to this? I know echos aren't the greatest brand for trimmers etc but buying a new one isn't really an option for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance, all help is greatly appreciated.
Change the breather valve...open gas cap a bit to check. In the middle of that carb... looking from the rear...is a tiny black plug...small heated screwdriver turned counter clockwise removes it...then left/right tunes it ...it is the high jet I believe. It's probably breather....if not get $20 dollar Chinese replacement carb....
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
start srm 225