The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-08-2015, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the pics Cornell...I followed your instagram account. Your work never ceases to amaze me! I've been building a few boulder walls of my own lately, of course they're nothing in comparison to your, but I guess a guy has to start somewhere LOL.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsky View Post
Looking good.
What are the plans for the enclosed trailer? Tools/fuel? instead of hauling it on your truck?
Going to have a 119 gallon off road tank built for between the frame rails, and have the hose and filler neck inside the trailer. Going to keep my spare cylinders, motors, hoses, and reduction planetary in there along with filters, oil etc. Also keep drain tile and fabric in there because it keeps getting stolen even when I block it in. Also going to put a little bench and vise in there. Might invest in a welder as well. Trailer comes home with me each night.

The erosion guy I work with just had all his stakes, fence and mat along with his 1845c bucket and forks stolen. My equipment and geogrid/fabric was about 50 feet from where his stuff was stolen. They used his 1845c to load it all up too. Trying to catch them its getting pretty bad. Thank god most people don;t have Doosan keys. I started putting a code on the excavators as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
Love the pics Cornell...I followed your instagram account. Your work never ceases to amaze me! I've been building a few boulder walls of my own lately, of course they're nothing in comparison to your, but I guess a guy has to start somewhere LOL.
Thanks for the follow! As for rock walls its a constant improvement. Just keep working at it!

Old 11-08-2015, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What are all those extra parts for?

I understand the hoses and cylinders.. But what's the reduction planetary and motors for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2015, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
What are all those extra parts for?

I understand the hoses and cylinders.. But what's the reduction planetary and motors for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Because I cracked the top plate on the reduction planetary earlier this year, gear oil seeping out is annoying, took a month to get the plate from Canada. The grapple on the DX235 has dual motors that go into reduction planetaries. I've also had the grapple motor output shaft snap on the DX180. Just pulled one the motor and capped the lines off last time and limped along with the one rotate motor. DX180 and DX235 grapples use the same motors, 235 has the reduction planetaries though. Just good to have on hand.

I'd rather have spare parts on hand waiting for me vs waiting for stuff to come in and being down. I carry seal kits with me too for each machine. Time is money and I don't like being down for more than a couple hours if something breaks. I have an o-ring kit too instead of driving around trying to hunt down a 50 cent o ring its right with me.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I gotcha. I didn't realize those things had that many parts. I've never seen one in person before.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2015, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Old 11-19-2015, 02:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great photos. I follow you on Instagram but it's nice to see them this large. Miss the Case though.

Washington State

Follow Us OnTwitter | Like Our Facebook Page
Old 11-20-2015, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopers View Post
Great photos. I follow you on Instagram but it's nice to see them this large. Miss the Case though.
Yeah that's nice.... IG is more accessible for me haha.