Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-19-2015, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it is. That got me started.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice Ford. What business are you getting into if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trucking.. At first my plan is to haul bikes to the five major bike week events throughout the country. I'm looking to buy a 35' gooseneck trailer. Luxury car transport also. I'm trying to set up an arrangement with a friend of mine to deliver motorcycles for his motorcycle company now also. A few things here and there to break up the monotany a little. I alway work and don't take vacations so I thought of a way to combine the two and came up with hauling bikes to bike week. So far the reception has been good. I don't have a full trailer yet but it should move faster as we get closer to the dates.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
Nice setup! And, nice new pickup!
Thank you!!
Old 01-19-2015, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Trucking.. At first my plan is to haul bikes to the five major bike week events throughout the country. I'm looking to buy a 35' gooseneck trailer. Luxury car transport also. I'm trying to set up an arrangement with a friend of mine to deliver motorcycles for his motorcycle company now also. A few things here and there to break up the monotany a little. I alway work and don't take vacations so I thought of a way to combine the two and came up with hauling bikes to bike week. So far the reception has been good. I don't have a full trailer yet but it should move faster as we get closer to the dates.
That's cool. I considered starting a hot-shot business a few years ago, but I was told by a few "friends" already in the industry that it was too difficult to make money anymore. You keeping the lawn biz too or going all in?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The lawn biz is too good. I will always have it. The trucking company is just a side venture to travel a little, while making money. Do what you feel you can make work, I have "friends" just like that too and if I listened to anyone of them I would still be making money for someone else and not for myself. It's all a risk and I prefer to take them.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anything to make money and build the business.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

great thread hope you post more over the next year
how do you like the ferris
have you added any thing else since the last post on landscape
are you doing the trucking in the winter or do you have a arrangement to do it during the landscape season if you have a arrangement whats the game plan
best of luck
2 21' push mower
Echo trimmers and blowers
2 Little Wonder blowers
1 7x12 carry-on trailer with Green Touch extreme racks
1 09 Chevy silverado 2500hd crew cab 6 1/2 bed

18 Years old

Volunteer Fire Fighter at South Salem Fire Department

work/ equipment thread
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post5119841

youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/thedjdardar
Old 01-20-2015, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutshortlandscaping View Post
great thread hope you post more over the next year
how do you like the ferris
have you added any thing else since the last post on landscape
are you doing the trucking in the winter or do you have a arrangement to do it during the landscape season if you have a arrangement whats the game plan
best of luck

Hi, thanks. Well, to answer your first question. I absolutely love Ferris and would never run anything else, other than a Wright RH Stander, this will eventually replace my Ferris Hydro WB only on account of it's speed in comparison. It should cut down mow time almost in half.
I haven't really added anything since the last post other than accessories to the new truck but I plan on picking up a Hurricane x3 in the spring.
At the moment I am not doing any trucking in the winter, it won't see any work till next winter when I put a plow on it. This truck will be meant for trips during bike week in Daytona, Sturgis, Laconia, Myrtle Beach and Flagstaff, AZ. I haul the bikes so clients can fly and not have to ride. I meet them at a location so they can pick up their bike.
The game plan is to haul the bikes 5 times out of the year and plow in the winter with the new truck. I also have a good friend who owns two huge motorcycle shops, I'm getting set up to haul bikes, quads, snow mobiles, boats and side by sides for him as well throughout the year. All the while running and working the landscape business. I have a lot to do but I have a plan so all will go well. There will be hiccups along the way but that can all be overcome. Thanks for the interest and ill be sure to post as often as I can.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you still have the same shop? We need some updated shop pictures. I see Snap On!