Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 6,906
Our first wildfire today.

350 acres, steep terrain, 40mph winds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
SoCalLandscapeMgmt SoCalLandscapeMgmt is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Our first wildfire today.

350 acres, steep terrain, 40mph winds.
Posted via Mobile Device
yep... we're under a red flag warning down here in the LA area too. We're supposed to be in the high 90's by tomorrow with hot, dry off shore winds and gusts up to 60mph...... we've got a lot of dry hills full of heavy brush.... hopefully things won't go bad.....
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnemucca, Nevada
Posts: 20,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
yep... we're under a red flag warning down here in the LA area too. We're supposed to be in the high 90's by tomorrow with hot, dry off shore winds and gusts up to 60mph...... we've got a lot of dry hills full of heavy brush.... hopefully things won't go bad.....
Dan,in weather like that, do you send the crew to all your sites to adjust, or are most Central?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,045
Funny thing, we were under red flag warning yesterday. This snow put an end to that...... for a week.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 PM
SoCalLandscapeMgmt SoCalLandscapeMgmt is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Dan,in weather like that, do you send the crew to all your sites to adjust, or are most Central?
Most of our big sites are either on central or they have local weather based controls. We watch the 5 day forecast pretty closely and if it looks like it is going to warm up then we tell the irrigation techs to make adjustments as needed. Since we visit every site on a weekly basis to inspect the irrigation it's not a big deal. The crazy thing is that we're supposed to be at 97 degrees on Friday but they are calling for a chance of rain on Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
The crazy thing is that we're supposed to be at 97 degrees on Friday but they are calling for a chance of rain on Sunday.
Just a tad about average temps for this time of year ..... just a tad.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.06450 seconds with 10 queries