Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Which of the following new outdoor lighting technologies are you most excited about?
Luxor System, by FX Luminaire 1 14.29%
Light Logic System, by Unique Lighting 3 42.86%
The New Impressionist Directional Light by CAST Lighting 5 71.43%
PlayLED System by Brilliance LED 0 0%
Honestly, I wouldn't use any of these. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Which New Lighting Technology Excites You Most?

Which of the following new outdoor lighting technologies are you most excited about? (You can vote for more than one.) If you are not familiar with these, click on the link that will take you to a page explaining more. Feel free to comment.
  1. Luxor System, by FX Luminaire
  2. Light Logic System, by Unique Lighting
  3. The New Impressionist Directional Light by CAST Lighting
  4. PlayLED System by Brilliance LED

I have to say I'm most excited about #3, the Impressionist Directional Light by CAST. That's freakin' cool! 20 different light levels, 5 different beam spread options, and 2 different color temperatures. All in one LED spot light? That's like a dream come true. So many options! Way to go, CAST! Brilliant!

Aside from that I also cast a vote for the Unique Light Logic System. I don't understand it fully yet. But at first glance it looks as if it would be much easier to retrofit this into an existing system than it would the FX system. With the FX system, I have to also change out all the transformers, which is more labor intensive and a lot more costly for my client. Probably have to change out the fixtures too, and add even more components. It looks like the Unique system is easier to use for retrofitting an existing system.

Don't just comment. Be sure to take the poll above as well!

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon

Last edited by JimLewis; 10-29-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have to agree with you Jim. The CAST impressionist series is truly a groundbreaking product for our industry. I love the fact that we can break the "cast"- (no pun intended), of being locked into designing with 10,20,35,50 watt lamps and outputs. Say goodbye to optical lenses for stopping down the light output to get between a 35 and a 20. To me, this supersedes everything else on your list.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Have you guys tested the impressionist uplight or downlight? I would be interested to hear your opinions based on your 'real life' testing and experience at your shop.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Also, keep your eye out for some very interesting new control technology coming out for LED lamps. The future, it would appear, is in the controls....

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting View Post
Have you guys tested the impressionist uplight or downlight? I would be interested to hear your opinions based on your 'real life' testing and experience at your shop.
No. There are no CAST distributors in my area. I'd love to get my hands on one though.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Sponsor

Jim, this is my first post here so I don't know if I'm violating any rules or not, but I know we are a sponsor on here so hopefully night. I am Jim Morris, the Midwest Regional Sales Manager for Cast Lighting. I tried to find an email for you on your website but I could not. Send me an email (I don't know if I'm allowed to post it on here so I won't but it's on the Cast website) with your contact info and where you want a sample shipped and I'll make sure you get one. Thanks for the kinds words (and for the record I did not vote because I am obviously biased)
Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrisCast View Post
Jim, this is my first post here so I don't know if I'm violating any rules or not, but I know we are a sponsor on here so hopefully night. I am Jim Morris, the Midwest Regional Sales Manager for Cast Lighting. I tried to find an email for you on your website but I could not. Send me an email (I don't know if I'm allowed to post it on here so I won't but it's on the Cast website) with your contact info and where you want a sample shipped and I'll make sure you get one. Thanks for the kinds words (and for the record I did not vote because I am obviously biased)
Thanks Jim. I did get your email via our form on our website and responded. Thanks for the offer. I'd love to test one out.

I used to put an email address on our website. But we come up pretty high on Google for certain terms so we get a TON of traffic daily. Over 10,000 hits a day, usually, from all over the world. So when I had an email address posted on the site, we just spent most of our time weeding through all the SPAM emails that came. Our solution was to remove the email address and just put a contact form in, with a CAPTCHA verification code. That eliminated 99% of the SPAM we used to get. But it does make it a little more complicated to contact us, sorry about that. But I appreciate the contact and offer.