Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowingnohio View Post
I think in 2006 they switched all their "true commercial" decks 48 and above to velocity give or take a year. The advantage is only used since then on the 36 inch decks. Like on the vride, prov, swz and sw. Just using common sense engineering I would say they stuck with the advantage decks on the 36 because of the smaller discharge opening. I would imagine the velocity in a 36 wouldn't have much suction with its larger opening. I have used the 52 inch advantage deck on an older sw before. It is a really nice "commercial deck". Although the velocity does slightly out stripe it and discharges/clumps less in wet/tall grass. Although I do have a 36 swz with an advantage deck and performs about just as well as my 52 inch velocity decks in regards to not clumping. I guess the opening on the 36 advantage doesn't make as much as difference as the advantage larger decks, again common sense engineering because it is moving less volume of grass because it is only a 36 inch deck and does not need a larger discharge. So to be clear now the advantage is standard on the 36 and the 48 and above velocity is standard. Have no idea where you get your "facts" from.

Bottom line you are far from some kind of scag expert. No way you can sell me on these weaker pumps or kaw fs provide a smoother operation or ride on this swzt versus a higher grade. Or its thinner frame or deck is some new engineered military space age special steel that will out perform a velocity or advantage true commercial grade mower. Scag is just trying to hit a certain price point in my eyes and are compromising themselves and reputation to do so. You are just plain full of it and have some kind of lawnsite god complex going on and should seek professional help.

For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.