Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-16-2014, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I started my business with that mowers uncle actually. This was back in 09 https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...17248d7730fa63 It worked well. I think I had about 1500 hrs on it when I got rid of it. Loved the hydro's, but the deck on mine was crap. I see yours is a way nicer deck. Mine was the cheap stamped steel and went to crap. We added a 7 gauge plate to the underside of the deck and added a front skirt. Fixed all of its issues. Knowing what I know now, I would be searching for a set of marbain steel blades. Mine would always dull to quick. Something from these guys http://www.fbblades.com/marbain-mower-blades
Old 12-02-2014, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice little scoot you have there. They look like they have put some more quality into the little Timecutter. They use to be really cheap looking. I miss my Hustler Superduty as I went back to a yard tractor. I got a John Deere X300 and I love it, I just miss the speed of the zero turn. Good luck with it, should serve you well.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Stihl BG55 handheld blower
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 12-02-2014, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capemay Eagle View Post
Nice little scoot you have there. They look like they have put some more quality into the little Timecutter. They use to be really cheap looking. I miss my Hustler Superduty as I went back to a yard tractor. I got a John Deere X300 and I love it, I just miss the speed of the zero turn. Good luck with it, should serve you well.
Thanks, CE. This Toro is the MX model which is a bit beefier. The main difference is the welded deck. I really looked hard at the JD with the all wheel turn. Price is comparable and I figured it would give an even better cut. In the end I was thinking speed, especially during the fall with leaves. I'm not disappointed in my decision but I would say that the zturn does beat up the turf a bit, which I guess would be less of a problem with the LT. To avoid divots I often make three point turns, which kind of defeats the purpose of a zturn (a bit).

In any case, I'm happy with my first year with the Toro MX. I'm very satisfied with the cut and its ability to collect leaves (yeah!).
DC
Old 12-03-2014, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Capemay....you use your JD in the winter? Snow blower or plow?