Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-09-2014, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Well the turf tiger only has the one tank. Im not sure. What I find strange is that the days it ran out of fuel id turn the key off after it died. then turn it to the "on" position to prime fuel pump. Most of the time it has a nice pull on the pump. but both times that it quit it def quit because it wasn't getting fuel. If this makes sense to ya by explaining it ill try. the fuel line runs from the fuel tank up to the top of the engine (picture)..... after the mower quits I pull the line off the bottom of that pulsation pump (isn't that what that is?) and look down in the line and there is nothing. so I put the line down by the ground and it gravity feeds like a champ. I put the line back on and pulled the other line that is on the other side of that little pump in the pic. I try and prime the pump and it free spins several times. BUT FINALLY after multiple tries I hear the pump start to get a little drink of fuel and it finally starts to puke a little bit of fuel out the nipple. So I put the line back on and it finally starts. Its almost like its getting an air pocket or something but Im not sure how when im running out of fuel when the mower has 3/4 to a full tank. I guess this mower has 2 pumps is what im guessing?? a mechanical pump and then this little pump (I think that's what it is?" that is in the pic.... Im sure its not easy on the mechanical pump to run dry 2-3 times a week like it has been and then have to prime it for a half hour to get it running again.
I wouldn't think it have a mechanical pump Mine doesn't have that in you pic My fuel line comes from the pump straight to the injector
I could be wrong I'll look tomorrow