Register free!

Old 07-16-2006, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass_cuttin_fool
Well I dont know the depth of his company, I dont know what he can afford and what he cant. But the 10 cubic foot wheel barrow was in my opinion the best and fastest way to move the mulch with the least amount of damage.By his post we dont know if he is having it delivered or is using his on trailer so he may or may not be shoveling it off the ground into a wheelbarrow.

''i gotta install 30 yrds or mulch. I am not sure whats the best way to do it. I was thinking getting a little machine or something its on a 2 acre residential lot with all sod. I was thinking a DINGO but it tears up the grass. Anny ideas /''

alot of variables here also.............we dont know how many beds or places that require mulch. Im not trying to be a smarty pants about it, just stating that the wheelbarrow method might would be MY choice

wayne
I agree, but it sounds like our poster is either light-staffed or lazy? The Power Buggy will allow for a better conservation of energy with faster results, but I do admit that 30 yds is an easy job with 4 guys and a wheelbarrow.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't have large mulch wheelbarrows go buy them. 8 or 10 cubic foot wheelbarrows get the job done easy. 2 guys loading and unloading wheelbarrows and one guy spreading. This job would be done easily in a day, if you don't have the capability to bring the mulch to the site in one or two loads, get it delivered and save even more time. Whoever said 1 man hour for 1 yard of mulch needs to get harder working guys. I would charge a man hour per yard but it shouldn't actually take that long to install it.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i didn't read everybodies response but how about renting a Georgia Buggy? if you have to go a long distance..........hold a lot more than any Dingo and damage is minimal
Old 07-16-2006, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass
i didn't read everybodies response but how about renting a Georgia Buggy? if you have to go a long distance..........hold a lot more than any Dingo and damage is minimal
Your right, you did not read the posts.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleancutccl
If you don't have large mulch wheelbarrows go buy them. 8 or 10 cubic foot wheelbarrows get the job done easy. 2 guys loading and unloading wheelbarrows and one guy spreading. This job would be done easily in a day, if you don't have the capability to bring the mulch to the site in one or two loads, get it delivered and save even more time. Whoever said 1 man hour for 1 yard of mulch needs to get harder working guys. I would charge a man hour per yard but it shouldn't actually take that long to install it.
Your guys must be some hard workers. Less than 1 MH to unload, dump, and spread a yard of mulch correctly? We charge between $75.35 a yard and $85.30 depending on variables.