Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-13-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Mini drought down here too man, was pretty busy in beginning of spring, now its slowed back to almost winter conditions from the heat & no rain! wish the heavens would wake up and have a big cry, so I wont have to
It did pretty much the same last year here, then it didnt stop raining for 5 months!
Had storms reach about 100km away last few nights but nothing made it to the coast. Frustrating. All I need is a couple of storms and it would be all good, get things moving.
Had a reasonable week planned but now not sure. Had seriously strong dry winds last few days which dries it up even more.

No happy medium in this game!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimkill View Post
I will definitely use the mowers, and run them myself for at least a few of my accounts I love playing with new toys. I will also post picks maybe tonight or tomorrow of some stuff we cut with our machines. The new mowers will only be used on our nice accounts that we have been cutting for a long time. I will try to get your distance, time test you use to get real speed cause I am interested in that too. I am very excited about getting these machines, I wish I had bought them to begin with, but am glad I didn't cause I would have gotten the 60" and Mick has had nothing but problems with that size deck. Based on your video, input, and my experience with my old hustler z is why I am going with these machines. I know you said the flex forks are more worth it just have to slow down gradually to not dip. That is easy enough to do, but do you think they are stronger than the original forks as in less likely to break than regular forks that com on machine? Thanks for your suggestions, and opinions as always.
I have no idea if the flex forks are stronger or weaker than the original forks, I guess because it has never crossed my mind as to how a person could break either. I certainly would hate to be operating the mower if either were broken.

You are about to get the shock of your life, you've never been on a mower even close to comparable with the ones you are purchasing.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Puppy they need to make a Turbo Supercharged EFI radial just for you!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Puppy they need to make a Turbo Supercharged EFI radial just for you!
I find it interesting you are somewhat informed on Agenda 21, of which you call "UN 21," yes, I find this very interesting.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mick sorry to here about your dry spell. We had the driest april may this past year since I moved down here, and it did hurt my business a little. This September has been the wettest I have experienced and based on puppy paws experience and mine I would say get ready for some serious rain in your future. Rained here so much last 2 weeks that I had to skip two of my huge accounts and will only be able to bill them for one cut this month which hurts me more than the dry season.
Thank you Puppy for your feed back on the forks yeah I cant see how they broke either, but might buy extra flex forks and keep originals just in case. I have done some reading Real slow on this AGENDA 21, or UN21. yes it is pretty scary when you get in depth and seems like Obama is pushing it pretty well bring America down so its equal to all other countries. That's insane! Scary! Just did quick browse was out all day just got in a couple hours ago so will read more.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Mick sorry to here about your dry spell. We had the driest april may this past year since I moved down here, and it did hurt my business a little. This September has been the wettest I have experienced and based on puppy paws experience and mine I would say get ready for some serious rain in your future. Rained here so much last 2 weeks that I had to skip two of my huge accounts and will only be able to bill them for one cut this month which hurts me more than the dry season.
Thank you Puppy for your feed back on the forks yeah I cant see how they broke either, but might buy extra flex forks and keep originals just in case. I have done some reading Real slow on this AGENDA 21, or UN21. yes it is pretty scary when you get in depth and seems like Obama is pushing it pretty well bring America down so its equal to all other countries. That's insane! Scary! Just did quick browse was out all day just got in a couple hours ago so will read more.
We are dry here at this time, and the grass is beginning to go into dormancy from shorter day time hours, which also makes for very easy cutting.

How long before you get your new mowers? I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on the Super Z and its cutting ability and productivity in your area.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I find it interesting you are somewhat informed on Agenda 21, of which you call "UN 21," yes, I find this very interesting.
Pupster I am not as smart as you but then again nobody is , anyhow we are in big trouble with these bumbling sheople about.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
It's beyond scary, the country has been sold and they are coming for the land. We have been conned by the greatest con men ever. What makes the whole thing go is people do not educate themselves.

There is no excuse the net has been on for 20.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
We are dry here at this time, and the grass is beginning to go into dormancy from shorter day time hours, which also makes for very easy cutting.

How long before you get your new mowers? I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on the Super Z and its cutting ability and productivity in your area.
It all depends on whether the trailer I am getting has to be built or is already built. Once trailer is ready I should have the equipment here and out of customs, in about 3 weeks. I had a company I was going to get a trailer from, but after doing some research on them got scared so have to find another company in my price range that has a good bbb rating. Have been looking all day today, I am exhausted. I would say possibly 3 weeks, or longest 6 weeks; that's if I have to build one. I am hoping to get one that's ready. I cant wait, but growth here is also slowing down due to shorter days, but still growing well due to all this rain. Rained yesterday and today almost all day.