Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-13-2014, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a Toro Z-master with a Kaw engine over ten years ago and its never let me down. Its been pretty much bullet proof.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

You could buy a Hustler Raptor from Home Depot or Lowes that is the same thing that you would get through a dealer. Though you won't have the support that you get from a dealer.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

The toro dealer in my town is offering $0 down, 0% financing for 48 mos. I'd imagine all toro dealers are running the same promo right now. The Titan MX looks nice for $5,500+/-. I know it's out of your range, but with such generous financing options it probably wouldn't hurt your budget too much. I don't think you'll ever regret buying as much mower as you can...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Get the Hustler. I would have but the dealer support near me is a joke.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Marque,

I'm in the same boat and came across your thread. I too live in East Tennessee and am partial to toro mowers (my dad has had them forever). I was wondering two things:

-are you happy with the time cutter mx5060?

-which dealer did you go to to get that deal?

I just bought a home with 1.36 acres. Flat as a board in the front and hilly in the back. Thanks man,

Bobby
Old 12-23-2014, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Jenkinrj51,

After my first season I am completely happy with the MX5060 and am especially glad I got the fabbed deck, mainly because after becoming comfortable driving it I was careless and smacked into a tree (which did nothing to the deck but did break the front mounting bolt, which was easy enough to fix after getting the part from the dealer). I think the stamped deck would have bent.

I do not live in TN (I'm in Michigan) so I don't believe that the dealer I went through (Weingartz) has branches down there.

The Kawa engine is great and very powerful for what I needed it for, which is basic cutting and I did not have one issue with the engine at all.

One tor two tips if you get the MX5060: As of right now, there are no Gator Blades available regardless of what websites say. I bought some Oregon Gator Blades off of Amazon that said they would fit the MX5060. Well, they do fit, but the cut was terrrible so I called Oregon direct and was told that they do not have Gator blades for that model and the problem with the ones I bought is that this mower requires "High Lift" blades, which the Gator Blades are not (Oregon may develop some soon).
Also, be sure to tie down your key or mount it on a string. I've had a couple of instances where I finish cutting only to find the key not in the ignition. A small screwdriver or another small key can easily turn the engine off but it's still a pain.

Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions about the Toro MX5060.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvstringpicker View Post
I bought a Toro Z-master with a Kaw engine over ten years ago and its never let me down. Its been pretty much bullet proof.
Just a reminder that the way things were built 10 years ago is no guarantee of the way things are built now... Times are changing.

Moreover, with production costs constantly increasing, either the price goes up, or the quality goes down. There is no way around it.