Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2013, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
What is the tow vehicle?
2009' Ram 3500. The gears have also been swapped out to 4.10 from the OEM 3.73's. It would be nice to maybe have 4.30 or 4.56 and a overdrive gear splitter but that's not an option. None built for the 68RFE.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-27-2013, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
2009' Ram 3500. The gears have also been swapped out to 4.10 from the OEM 3.73's. It would be nice to maybe have 4.30 or 4.56 and a overdrive gear splitter but that's not an option. None built for the 68RFE.
Sweet! My old truck had a B&W hitch which held up fine, but I wasn't even close to the weight you are pulling around. I doubt I hit 20k. That old 350 in the chevy probably wouldn't haul much more than that anyway. It had 4.10's in it aswell.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
All of this points to a heavier truck as someone above said. I have an Interantional 4700 roll off and while it only has 190hp it is set up for pulling and carring the type of weight you are talking about withouth beefing up anything. You can also buy an older heavy duty truck alot cheaper that a pickup dully and upgrading brakes trans, and wanting more gears.

Chevy trucks, Exmark Lazers, enclosed trailers.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I got my new hitch cross member installed. Comparing the new and old side by side you really can't even see the slight bend. The sag have have been as little as 3/8th of an inch but the safety chain plate was rubbing on the bed liner. If I had no bed liner there would be an extra 1/4 under the safety chain plate and the slight sag may not have been possible to detect very easily.

I have a 100 yard batch of top dressing being made and I'm trying to keep the sand and moisture content dialed in perfectly to really help keep the weight down in the 40 pound per cubic foot range. This puts me at the 22K range at 12 yards. At 14 yards I'm at 24K which is still easy. So much of the load ends up on the truck that I'm legal up to around the 30K mark with 25K on the trailer and 5K on the truck.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/