Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-29-2014, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
I also bill monthly, as far as adding a bag or 2 of mulch on the bill I simply don't do it, it sounds like I'm a penny pincher. I just don't add 4 or 5 dollars on a 500 dollar bill.
I bill monthly as well, and everything i have done for the month gets lumped into one bill but each task is a separate line with a price. I understand, but what if the job was a small job and there are many small jobs you aren't gonna work for free right? you need to charge a little for each small job so you can make something on it. what if you had to speed 3 hours changing light bulbs supplied by the customer? would you bill them for it or not? Electricians bill out an obscene amount of money to come to someone's house and change a light bulb especially an exterior light bulb 2 story's up, probably 100 an hour and label it a "service call"
Old 08-29-2014, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only way to go is to get all residentials on 12 month contracts. Don't know how we would operate without them. We do whatever it takes to keep it looking 100% and we get a check every month.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
I bill monthly as well, and everything i have done for the month gets lumped into one bill but each task is a separate line with a price. I understand, but what if the job was a small job and there are many small jobs you aren't gonna work for free right? you need to charge a little for each small job so you can make something on it. what if you had to speed 3 hours changing light bulbs supplied by the customer? would you bill them for it or not? Electricians bill out an obscene amount of money to come to someone's house and change a light bulb especially an exterior light bulb 2 story's up, probably 100 an hour and label it a "service call"
One thought would to be to keep track of all of the miscellaneous services provided during a time period and lump all of them together into one sum on the invoice. For example on a couple of properties weeding and pruning are required several times per month. The customer is billed for these services in a lump sum. Most of them don't really read the invoice beyond the total anyway.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
All my accounts are somewhat "customized". Sure if the customer asks for something that's extra, they get charged.

I do however go the extra "mile" too keep the places looking good. I put a lot of time into the places over the winter when business is slow.

Ive been able too keep these accounts for many years, so I guessing Im doing something right.

I probably wont take anymore of the high end stuff, Im looking for a sitdown mower and would like to do a few more mow and blow homes.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
All my accounts are somewhat "customized". Sure if the customer asks for something that's extra, they get charged.

I do however go the extra "mile" too keep the places looking good. I put a lot of time into the places over the winter when business is slow.

Ive been able too keep these accounts for many years, so I guessing Im doing something right.

I probably wont take anymore of the high end stuff, Im looking for a sitdown mower and would like to do a few more mow and blow homes.
ya, them mow and blow homes are nice, whiz through it get paid and leave. nice and simple.