Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2014, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post
If you have any questions on the Gravely machines please let us know. Did the dealer mention a possible demo of one? Thank You
They did, but I didn't hear as many good things about them, so I didn't pursue it. I decided to go with the Wright stander X. Everybody that had one loved it and I've never tried a stander so thought I'd give it a try. Been using it for two days. The first day was rough, my back was killing me but today my crew and I mowed seven acre+ properties before lunch and I don't feel half as bad as I did yesterday. I put the mulching kit (really its only gator blades) on it and to be honest I did I couple of lines next to my dixie chopper classic and the classic actually cut better. Which surprised me because most people I talked to mentioned what a great cut the wright stander has. I will say it does much better on embankments and I need to remember to duck when putting it on my enclosed trailer. ouch
Old 07-11-2014, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody know whats happening with the merger or buyout of dixie chopper and jacobsen?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_cuts View Post
Anybody know whats happening with the merger or buyout of dixie chopper and jacobsen?
That happened a while back already did it not

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 07-13-2014, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Big Dog

Why Not Big Dog ??
Old 08-31-2014, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If you are taking care of high end manicured florida lawns the exmark lazer and turf tracer's offer hands down the best cut. They will save you time during the summer where grass is tall and needing dbl cut ex marks get it done in one pass.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
If you are taking care of high end manicured florida lawns the exmark lazer and turf tracer's offer hands down the best cut. They will save you time during the summer where grass is tall and needing dbl cut ex marks get it done in one pass.
Bought a 52 lazer ultracut last week. No complaints

"When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's vote"
Old 09-01-2014, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have not cut grass commercially in over 10 years. I use a 1997 Walker 42" deck on my own yard. 42" Walkers are now the Dinosaurs of the Industry. But they gave an excellent cut Because they moved so slow. CLIP RATE is the ratio between Blade Speed and Ground speed. OSHA restricts blade speed so high Clip Rate is depended on slower Ground Speeds. Today's mowing Machines are much wider and faster. They don't give the quality cut of the older slow narrow mowers.

With that being said I believe there are many good mowers today. Which one you use is a matter of Personal Choice. If I were going to buy a commercial mower today, I would find an independent mechanic who works on all the models and get his opinion. I had a Lesco 54" Two Some that ran like a raped Ape. But it chewed Deck belts like candy. I forget but Deck Belts were like $ 60 or more.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Member

How exactly does a raped ape run? Haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-29-2014, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used exmark for 9 1/2 years. Last year because these units hade 2500 hrs I decided to go with Gravely. Ive been impressed. Exmark I always mulched but with the Gravely 252 I can side discharge and it looks Great.
We mow a 6 acre property eow in 1hr 9min... 2 mowers and weed eating