Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Itís great when wives and/gf can work with you and be supportive. When I see other business owners that can work alongside their mate I literally find myself drifting off into to some fantasy land [like being a lottery winner] that this could happen to me.

I have officially gave up all hope of any glimmer of a ray of sunshine of my sonís mom ever wanting to be of any real world assistance to me and help circle the wagons. It just makes everything harder. I run and operate two business solo. My time with my son who just turned 12 is limited and he is my priority now. The other relationship has been a lost cause for some time. Just another statistic.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

My wife does all my invoices, writes my emails, checks the mail and enters in any payments in the system. She also answers the office phone. I do all the sales, checking in on the customers that have an issue and also do some labor. It has worked out great. It takes a lot stress off of my back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert503 View Post
My wife does all my invoices, writes my emails, checks the mail and enters in any payments in the system. She also answers the office phone. I do all the sales, checking in on the customers that have an issue and also do some labor. It has worked out great. It takes a lot stress off of my back.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're a fortunate man. I'd be ecstatic if that was me.

Dreaming now but ...Add to the list some: website maintenance, desktop publishing, implementation of ideas, dreams and plans. Wouldn't even have to be fit enough to pitch hit on rare occasion and do physical work, or be able to hook up trailer to truck and actually drive it with some level of confidence.

Seriously even her own actual regular job with a few benefits would be great and only tepid moral support would be great.

Okay listen up ladies....... All guys really need is someone to share their hopes and dreams with. Without that it is a complete uphill battle.

My current status is all about stability for my son. Very very very few men would of traveled my road these last 4-5 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I run my business...we tried it with my wife handling the office work and finances..but i had serious issues with having to ask my wife everytime i wanted or needed to buy anything, or hire a new guy, or whatever....everything was a friggin challenge with her...so i fired her from the biz...got her her own bank accts. and all she has to buy with the money from her job is food (which is about 800 a mo. for family of 4) she has no say in what i do and how i do it....its kinda sad actually but we just cant work together on business/finances....everything else is wonderful though...she is my best friend as well as a great wife and mother to my kids and i love her dearly....just cant run business together.....it is what it is....
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stumbled across this lady, she seems to fit the bill of a dream wife, building everything by herself too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzl_...e_gdata_player
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh boy, posting this youtube link may very well destroy any relationships that might be on the fringe. This gal is unbelievable, running with the hay rake & with a huge smile too. The guy on the truck has got it made for sure. View at your own risk, you may not look at your couch spud spuse the same hereafter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVAlV8YVF0
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
Oh boy, posting this youtube link may very well destroy any relationships that might be on the fringe. This gal is unbelievable, running with the hay rake & with a huge smile too. The guy on the truck has got it made for sure. View at your own risk, you may not look at your couch spud spuse the same hereafter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVAlV8YVF0
Lol..! Been way past the fringe for a long time....no harm done.

Hey I'd live there in a heart beat. Looks similar to my dream property in many aspects. Lack of mechanized equipment is nice as well. It's like being Amish without the ridiculous clothes.

Where do I sign up for this lifestyle.....? This just about brought tears to my eyes....

I'm so there right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 12-12-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

....just great....I'll be thinking about this constantly now.....