Register free!

Old 08-30-2014, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like that idea also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
I know a guy that goes around to HOA, communities, subdiv, etc (50-1000 homes) and paints mailboxes for 20 bucks. The mailboxes look like crap (bird poop, fading, etc so it is a fairly easy sale. He makes a few bucks off the mailboxes. The mailboxes look good and this usually leads him to bigger paint jobs. Painting is very profitable business
I've done some painting, nothing major so far, but I have made a little money at it. I think a lot of people would rather just pay you $20 to paint a mailbox then go to the trouble of getting another one. Maybe I should think about adding other painting services, not limited to curbs.

LawnBoy push mower
Echo SRM 225
Hitachi Handheld blower
'99 Ford Ranger XLT
Old 08-30-2014, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMowerMan2003 View Post
For some reason I learned how to clean gutters with a hose, but I'm sure it's much more efficient to use a blower. One of the gutter jobs I did, there weren't that many leaves, so they washed down pretty quickly, but then there was some fine gritty material which I assumed washed off the roof that was still sitting there in the bottom. So I had to wash that out with more pressure. Would it be safe to blow that around?
Ah yes shingle grit! You know this stuff can be tricky with a blower. Sometimes it blows right out, sometimes it's pasted in there like concrete and the blower won't budge it. I just do the best that I can and move on. As for is it safe to blow around....never had any issues with it. I've done hundreds of eaves clearing jobs over the years and only one complaint about my work. A guy called saying I didn't do a good job, it rained and water backed up and leaked through his roof. I got a roofer I know to come look and it wasn't my job at all. The flashing around the guys chimney was shot and water got in there. I knew it was fishy he was urgent about me cleaning the eaves like "now" and this customer was a cheap guy and never signed up for anything extra over years of servicing his lawn. I figure he knew it leaked already and tried to pin the water damage repairs on the inside of the house on me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2014, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm kind of stuck on my marketing; I'm going to have to just list some services on a new flyer and try it out. I'm going to advertise painting (at least curbs and mailboxes) cleaning gutters, leaf cleanup, and I'm not sure what else yet, but I really need to get something going for fall/winter.

LawnBoy push mower
Echo SRM 225
Hitachi Handheld blower
'99 Ford Ranger XLT