Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2014, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagboy715 View Post
Not too much man...truck got stolen in November so I've been dealing with that haha. Just got a new truck that's identical to the old one, just a few more "power adders". It is the same otherwise...06 f250 king ranch leveled on 35s. Other than that, I bought another turf tracer and am anxiously awaiting my new custom made trailer to be finished. I sold the 6x12 for a 7x16. Other than that,I have scaled back for winter time like usual. How about you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey man, what are you getting done on your new custom trailer? I am hopefully going to order my new trailer this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassman7271 View Post
Hey man, what are you getting done on your new custom trailer? I am hopefully going to order my new trailer this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
I got tube rails, diamond plate fenders, a 2 ft dovetail (I've always wanted that), upgraded axles, welded on tie downs, and two 3 place trimmer racks. I wanted to also get an assisted gate and a basket on the front but I ran out of money to add stuff lol. I figured I can always easily add the assist myself
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I got tube rails, diamond plate fenders, a 2 ft dovetail (I've always wanted that), upgraded axles, welded on tie downs, and two 3 place trimmer racks. I wanted to also get an assisted gate and a basket on the front but I ran out of money to add stuff lol. I figured I can always easily add the assist myself
Posted via Mobile Device
That's gonna be an awesome trailer for sure. Did you order it at Country Boy? I'm going to order a 7x18 enclosed trailer tomorrow hopefully. Once we get our trailers and get them ready to go for the season, we will have to get together and check each other's out. I'd love to see yours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassman7271 View Post
That's gonna be an awesome trailer for sure. Did you order it at Country Boy? I'm going to order a 7x18 enclosed trailer tomorrow hopefully. Once we get our trailers and get them ready to go for the season, we will have to get together and check each other's out. I'd love to see yours.
Posted via Mobile Device
No I actually got it from gatormade in Marietta...a little better prices and I like the design a little better. Country boy has nice trailers though. I'd love to have a big text but a little too pricey. Man I envy you haha I want an enclosed trailer so bad but I use an open trailer for too many other things. Yeah we should...I'd definitely like to check yours out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
No I actually got it from gatormade in Marietta...a little better prices and I like the design a little better. Country boy has nice trailers though. I'd love to have a big text but a little too pricey. Man I envy you haha I want an enclosed trailer so bad but I use an open trailer for too many other things. Yeah we should...I'd definitely like to check yours out.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wanted a nice tandem axle open trailer but for my situation an enclosed was the better choice. I am keeping my 6.5x12 open single axle trailer for hauling small stuff or fourwheelers. Plus my grandfather has a 6x20 7 ton open equipment trailer that I can basically use whenever I want.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2014, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks about your truck, have you had any 6.0 problems?
Old 02-14-2014, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
That sucks about your truck, have you had any 6.0 problems?
The old truck I had an alternator go bad and had to replace 3 injectors but they had over 100k on them so understandable. No egr issues at all. New truck has been bulletproofed with headstuds and the works. I am about to do the blue fuel pressure spring upgrade tonight to keep the injectors running strong. I absolutely love the 6.0 and don't have a bad thing to say about them...maintenance is the key
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2014, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the motor too, the sound and its power was awesome the trans was great. Motor would not stay running though and it was a huge money pit. Even after 8 grand worth of headstuds, injectors, machined heads, full deletes and wiring fixes. Thats good yours has been good to you, its a nice looking truck.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
I love the motor too, the sound and its power was awesome the trans was great. Motor would not stay running though and it was a huge money pit. Even after 8 grand worth of headstuds, injectors, machined heads, full deletes and wiring fixes. Thats good yours has been good to you, its a nice looking truck.
Yes these things sound amazing. Power is unreal. I have the powermax turbo and off the line power is crazy. I have heard horror stories like that and I believe there are good apples and bad apples from the factory and sounds like you got a bad one lol. It is a very finicky motor especially with oil and fuel that goes in it. Those have caused a lot of problems for some people. The torqshift trans they put in these won't die lol. They can handle a lot.
Posted via Mobile Device