Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been running a deep cycle battery like this for a little while. I can get an easy 8 hours of pump use. Then I charge it every night. I have forgotten to charge before and you'll see your pressure start to drop off. You'll think you have air in the lines but its the pump losing power. A full day of spraying on a full charge is easy.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrashears View Post
I've been running a deep cycle battery like this for a little while. I can get an easy 8 hours of pump use. Then I charge it every night. I have forgotten to charge before and you'll see your pressure start to drop off. You'll think you have air in the lines but its the pump losing power. A full day of spraying on a full charge is easy.
And you probably carry an extra 12 volt charged as I do for emergencies.

Cool thing is that you can swap a battery out in the machine in less than a minute if you're savvy. (when you inevitably have to change to the charged spare for one reason or another....lol.)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
And you probably carry an extra 12 volt charged as I do for emergencies.

Cool thing is that you can swap a battery out in the machine in less than a minute if you're savvy. (when you inevitably have to change to the charged spare for one reason or another....lol.)
Yes. Exactly.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrashears View Post
Yes. Exactly.
Thanks guys! We will try the same battery trick.

It started today, and was reading over 26 on the meter from the stator. I let it run for an hour or so, and the voltage did not drop below 26. But it eventually died after about an hour and would not start back. Gonna find a battery, as you guys suggest and keep a regular charged 12 volt as a backup.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfdoctor1 View Post
Thanks guys! We will try the same battery trick.

It started today, and was reading over 26 on the meter from the stator. I let it run for an hour or so, and the voltage did not drop below 26. But it eventually died after about an hour and would not start back. Gonna find a battery, as you guys suggest and keep a regular charged 12 volt as a backup.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't understand why it died after one hour. I assume you were spraying all that time? It would seem like the regular battery should last longer than one hour? You did put a charger on it before you started? And just because you read 26 that dosn't mean it works under load. Seems like L.T. needs to get an electrical engr. in the organization.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

haha. me either.

it ran out of gas! I didn't even think about it at the time. It was sunday, and was ready to head back to the house.

This machine is on the market, by the way. I just ordered a new one. I'll get the specs and post in the marketplace. It's been a beast for me! It has been an absolute workhorse. I'm just not mechanically inclined enough to have these type problems pop up occassionally.