Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-02-2014, 03:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomaha View Post
Correct - you wouldn't save the true 7%. You would be paying tax for the length of the lease rather then all up front. Wholesale truck buying will be the biggest benefit.

May find out it is to big of a pain - Relatively low cost in setting up the LLC, getting the bond and insurance. 3 vehicle purchases over the next 6 months should be a good test.
Your state may be different, but here it would be too much of a pain dealing with the DMV and their requirements to acquire a dealer license. Bonding, dealer liability insurance, WC, zoning for the business location, paying a lawyer to set up the business entity, paying an accountant to keep it legit, and dealing with the DMV... Do you think that is the best use of your time and resources? It may be much easier in your state, but I'd caution you to jump in without at least running it by an accountant that knows what they are talking about. The effective rate you are actually paying on sales tax isn't going to be worth it, trust me. Find someone who has a dealer license and offer them a couple hundred bucks to be a buyer for you, you'll get the main benefit of the dealer license without having all of the headaches.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan27 View Post
Your state may be different, but here it would be too much of a pain dealing with the DMV and their requirements to acquire a dealer license. Bonding, dealer liability insurance, WC, zoning for the business location, paying a lawyer to set up the business entity, paying an accountant to keep it legit, and dealing with the DMV... Do you think that is the best use of your time and resources? It may be much easier in your state, but I'd caution you to jump in without at least running it by an accountant that knows what they are talking about. The effective rate you are actually paying on sales tax isn't going to be worth it, trust me. Find someone who has a dealer license and offer them a couple hundred bucks to be a buyer for you, you'll get the main benefit of the dealer license without having all of the headaches.
The best use of time/resources for me is sitting on a beach -

All the red tape you mention has been vetted and figured in.