Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

putting checks with my guys' time cards today, I got a huge smile knowing I was 2nd from the least paid these last two weeks. That is a motivator for me - creating quality employment ops for my guys.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
lol 7 figures won't buy you happiness either, it will buy you fun which will make you smile and have good times, but happiness can't be bought, well it can and they are called gold diggers and they don't stick around very long.
Fortunately I am already happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I grew up with frugality being beaten into my head. My Parents have 7 kids and my Dad was a teacher. It was a way of life. I also got a job with the state at age 21. I only earned 33k/year yet saved 10k/year for 10 years. When I got married, got a house, and had a child my saving went from 10k/year to nothing. I have always understood the power of compound interest. I want to save as much as I can as young as I can so I can retire early, and financially have seven figures. I started this business so I can put 20-40k/year towards my retirement, retire around age 50, and create multi generation wealth.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

When I started going door to door to talk to each neighbor in my neighborhood, one of them laughed at me and yelled across the street to the other neighbor saying "Hey look at this kid, he thinks he can mow lawns". That is what motivates me. When I'm down I remember that and when a new person who I don't know gets my cell phone, I smile and think about that guy. I say to myself, I think I can mow lawns.

When I'm done or worn out, I will motivate myself by saying that if I don't do a good job everything you have worked for will be gone. Your vehicles will be gone, you will have to sell equipment to pay bills. You must keep going and get bigger.

I bought five acres when I was 19 year old (almost two years ago now) and had to sell off the land, because I wasn't going to be able afford it anymore, because I wasn't working hard enough. I remind myself of that mistake and to never make that mistake again.

I motivate myself by looking at my friends from where I moved from. They are hanging out with the same people in highschool and haven't done anything with their lives. I look at the friends I have made in my new state and tell myself to stay as far away as possible at this time, because they are bad influence. The people my age usually smoke, drink and are afraid of work.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Lawn Care View Post
I grew up with frugality being beaten into my head. My Parents have 7 kids and my Dad was a teacher. It was a way of life. I also got a job with the state at age 21. I only earned 33k/year yet saved 10k/year for 10 years. When I got married, got a house, and had a child my saving went from 10k/year to nothing. I have always understood the power of compound interest. I want to save as much as I can as young as I can so I can retire early, and financially have seven figures. I started this business so I can put 20-40k/year towards my retirement, retire around age 50, and create multi generation wealth.
Me too. Learning from Dave Ramsey. Baby steps. 😊